Windows 10: Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop?

Discus and support Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; win10 doubled the icons on my desktop (AT RANDOM). While I was cleaning up the mess, win10 deleted most of the icons I told it to keep. COMPLETELY AT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clharrysmith, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop?

win10 doubled the icons on my desktop (AT RANDOM). While I was cleaning up the mess, win10 deleted most of the icons I told it to keep. COMPLETELY AT RANDOM. no input for me. What is up?*Mad

:)

clharrysmith, Mar 27, 2016
  2. typicton Win User

why did you abandon one of the most powerful photo programs ever made? please make it compatable with windows 10

i have been using the original picture it program since 2001 i think. i have tried corel draw,photo shop and many many others.none of these ever came close to the power of picture it programs. i could do everything with this one program,it had no
    weakness in any function.i have been a loyal user of your programs since the late 1990"s. why would you turn your back on the people that helped get you to the status that your at today?please rethink your decision to stop supporting your own programs.

typicton, Mar 27, 2016
  3. why did you abandon one of the most powerful photo programs ever made? please make it compatable with windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Are you facing any issues using photo app in Windows 10?

Microsoft has been updating and improving the quality of applications and making compatible and ease of use the users. Yes, some times it happens that the applications which used to work in earlier Operating system might not be compatible and makes a lot
    of difference in using the new applications.

You can refer to the Microsoft help article to know more about the features and functionality of Photo app.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/photos

We appreciate your feedback. I also recommend you to give your feedback in feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 27, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop?

Can you post a screen shot so we can get a better idea of what the problem is..

Jeff
    PS welcome to the forums.

BunnyJ, Mar 27, 2016
  5. No. The effect was to copy all short cuts and past, but the second set used the exact name as the first. No copy of - at the beging of the icon name. I was not tuching the machine when all this happend. Ps. I ONLY download from well known and trusted sites, and only when it's not on the windows store.

6. BunnyJ New Member
    Ah,, no?? Well... taking a screen shot of your desktop will help quite a bit. But if you don't want to take a copy and post it then this might be a bit harder to
    resolve. And just what does the place where you download things from have to do with this??

BunnyJ, Mar 27, 2016
  7. A scrern shot would tell you nothing. Its just a view of the desktop the duplicate icons are goen now. Not by my hand by the way.

Non of the forums match the issue so i put it in general questions.

This has only happend once. I just wanted to know if others have had this issue.

8. Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop?

Nothing. Just wanted to head off the all purpose answer that i have a virus.

9. BunnyJ New Member
    I'll take a fast stab at this but I wouldn't be shocked/surprised if you accidently hit the "create shortcut" instead of the delete when you went to clean up your
    desktop. They're right next to each other and it would be easy to do.

Jeff

Here's a screen shot:

Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Mar 27, 2016
  10. I think you miss understand. I was not tuching the mouse or keyboatd when the icons apperd and disappeared. It was very odd. I've been looking at other foruns about duplicate icons but nothing like what i saw happen. I have a home build so no risk of manufacturers crap ware like buestbuy and others (hp is really bad) put on there systems. My guess would be one of Microsofts unvetted updates they force on us. Maybe its jusy a querk of my system. I will let this forum know if it happens again.

clharrysmith, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop?

1. Why did Windows 10 doubled most of the icons on my desktop? - Similar Threads - Why did doubled

2. why did my widget icon disappear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did my widget icon disappear?: I have no idea where it when or exactly when it vanished. It was there when I started up my computer, but an hour later when I moved the cursor in the direction it was gone....
  3. why did my widget icon disappear?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did my widget icon disappear?: I have no idea where it when or exactly when it vanished. It was there when I started up my computer, but an hour later when I moved the cursor in the direction it was gone....
  4. Most of desktop icons gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Most of desktop icons gone.: I signed off normally yesterday. When I signed up most of icons on my desktop were gone. I thought something bad happened but when I went into desktop folder in OneDrive everything was there but it didn't appear on my desktop....
  5. desktop suddenly has doubled icons

desktop suddenly has doubled icons: double icons on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-suddenly-has-doubled-icons/21cdbdd3-47c1-4d81-ba99-c84b0ec0f53d
  6. Why did most of my files and programs have the sharing icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did most of my files and programs have the sharing icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Boomshok [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khmt6v/why_did_most_of_my_files_and_programs_have_the/
  7. Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?

Why did my Desktop icons all suddenly appear on my tray?: My tray now has every item that was on my desktop. I don't know what happened or how to correct the problem. My desktop still has all the icons folders, etc. Wondering if anybody can explain what happened and how to restore my situation to before the event?...
  8. Why did my computer switch my desktop to show apps and not my usual desktop icons?

Why did my computer switch my desktop to show apps and not my usual desktop icons?: My computer randomly switched my usual desktop to semi-app mode, why? I had it in tablet mode for a few hours and adjusted that in settings, in case that was the issue, but it didn't switch my desktop back to normal. Also, I can't minimize individual open tab windows without...
  9. Extended screen double desktop icons

Extended screen double desktop icons: I have extended screens with icons on each screen some of the folder and shortcuts is doubles like Chrome and My PC. When I'm unplugged the second screen all his icons moves to the laptop screen. My question is if there is any way to save desktop for one screen and a...
  10. Icons on desktop doubled

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on desktop doubled: I have everal icons on my desktop. Some were short cut icons one day I started up my computer and they all doubled. I have no idea why. Does anyone have any idea what happened? 94865