Windows 10: why did Windows not restore hibernation?

Discus and support why did Windows not restore hibernation? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; why did Windows not restore hibernation?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimC_Syd, Nov 29, 2023.

1. TimC_Syd Win User

why did Windows not restore hibernation?

:)

TimC_Syd, Nov 29, 2023

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Nov 29, 2023
  3. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 29, 2023
  4. why did Windows not restore hibernation?

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

1. why did Windows not restore hibernation? - Similar Threads - why did restore

2. why did Windows not restore hibernation?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why did Windows not restore hibernation?: why did Windows not restore hibernation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-windows-not-restore-hibernation/e6c59ee8-abe8-41dd-814c-8dbb2218a727
  3. why did Windows not restore hibernation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did Windows not restore hibernation?: why did Windows not restore hibernation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-windows-not-restore-hibernation/e6c59ee8-abe8-41dd-814c-8dbb2218a727
  4. Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is...: Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is showing the error, is a program that was restored when I ran system restore....
  5. Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is...

Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is...: Why is this happening? It happened after a did a system restore. The program that is showing the error, is a program that was restored when I ran system restore....
  6. Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation: here is the bugcheck record:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged...
  7. Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation

Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation: here is the bugcheck record:******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged...
  8. Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why did System Restore affect an Excel file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did System Restore affect an Excel file?: I did a System Restore which went fine, however, an Excel file lost all the edits I had done in it. I thought System Restore didn't affect any documents?...
  10. Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is unable to restore from hibernation: For a long time I haven't rebooted my system, solely hibernated it. Today I rebooted it as part of an update install. Now every time I restore from hibernation the system reboots freshly. Additional details: For a while there seemed to be a problem with the screen driver...