Windows 10: Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video car

Discus and support Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video car in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My video card gave out and I put a new one in. Worked great but it reset my Start Menu. No big deal... Until I realized that along with deleting all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by PTRoscoe, May 23, 2021.

1. PTRoscoe Win User

Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video car

My video card gave out and I put a new one in. Worked great but it reset my Start Menu. No big deal... Until I realized that along with deleting all my shortcuts, Windows 10 had also uninstalled around 50 applications!! Everything from a few free games from the Microsoft store to Libre Office, Visual Studio 2019 and other IDEs, VLC Media Player, Chrome (but not Edge), my CAD program and even some apps I wrote myself. The CAD program is critical to my current project; luckily I have it installed on my laptop. All the apps were licensed and many were not Microsoft apps. I found a file titled "Windows has removed the following applications" with a list of all the software removed. Why did Windows do such an outrageous thing? Not for compatibility or security - I've reinstalled some of them with no problems. Not for piracy-all the apps were licensed and MS should be able to tell with their own apps. Many were open source as well, and they had no business deleting them. Not to make space-how much space does a generic video driver require? I've been trying to recover from this for a month now and I've barely scratched the surface. Any body else experienced this? Thanks. EditionWindows 10 Pro Version21H1 Installed on‎4/‎9/‎2021 OS build19043.985 ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

:)

PTRoscoe, May 23, 2021
  2. gateman42 Win User

How to uninstall Photo app in Windows 10

Hey, I followed the steps for uninstalling photos from my Dell/windows 10 half a dozen times and it doesn't work?!? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

gateman42, May 23, 2021
  3. mliven Win User
    [Suggestion] N8 - in car video recorder

It came to my thought, so I just want to share with you if Nokia would possibly to enhance the feature on
    N8 model. (This concept / feature is nothing new, especially on a in car video recorder).
    If this is not the right place for the subject matter then please advise or remove this topic. Thanks...

In car video recording mode**, meaning for recording the status while we driving in case if incident occurs it would have been useful anyway, pull back the
    video footage as evidence. The point is N8 is known of its 12MB pixels depth & supports up to 32GB external memory,
    my key point is to suggest (won't it be much more ideal) if N8 comes with feature when the in car video mode is turned on,

• Allowing the designated memory space reserved for in car video
      recording mode**, E.g. User able to set desired memory space for this feature, so the video size maxed out at the "Allocated" size. For instance: 22GB.
    • Each 5-minute would split off the video file accordingly whilst the real time recording is on going. Thus, the video files is much more manageable later whilst user download for personal use.

• Reason 001. Otherwise, user would have to download a single 22GB file size to the PC via USB2 connection, take sometimes to wait,
    • Reason 002. (Refer to 3.)

3. Next here comes to the fun part, once the reserved memory is full then should the oldest
    segment file(s) is replaced (or so called deleted) in a sequence, and so on the circulation.

Other option: Voice recording is available when in car video recording is on.

Other option: Photo snapshot (automatically) with desired timing intervals. (Only can choose video mode, or Photo snapshot mode).

I do hope Nokia is taking the suggestion into consideration.

Thanks

mliven, May 23, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video car :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, May 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video car - Similar Threads - Why did uninstall

2. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  3. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  4. WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?: EVERYTIME I UNINSTALL AN APP IT DOESNT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-uninstall-apps-on-my-windows/50e2754f-9b3a-4be9-a693-681a92cfb81a
  5. WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?

WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?: EVERYTIME I UNINSTALL AN APP IT DOESNT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-uninstall-apps-on-my-windows/50e2754f-9b3a-4be9-a693-681a92cfb81a
  6. WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Uninstalled apps and video editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstalled apps and video editor: I used a debloater to uninstall some stuff from windows 10 but now i can download apps or use the video editor. Anyone knows how to reinstall it without reinstalling windows?...
  8. Uninstalled apps and video editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled apps and video editor: I used a debloater to uninstall some stuff from windows 10 but now i can download apps or use the video editor. Anyone knows how to reinstall it without reinstalling windows?...
  9. Uninstalled apps and video editor

10. Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video card?: My video card gave out and I put a new one in. Worked great but it reset my Start Menu. No big deal... Until I realized that along with deleting all my shortcuts, Windows 10 had also uninstalled around 50 applications!! Everything from a few free games from the Microsoft...