Windows 10: Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video card?

Discus and support Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video card? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My video card gave out and I put a new one in. Worked great but it reset my Start Menu. No big deal... Until I realized that along with deleting all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterRoscoe, May 23, 2021.

1. Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video card?

My video card gave out and I put a new one in. Worked great but it reset my Start Menu. No big deal... Until I realized that along with deleting all my shortcuts, Windows 10 had also uninstalled around 50 applications!! Everything from a few free games from the Microsoft store to Libre Office, Visual Studi

:)

PeterRoscoe, May 23, 2021

2. Dual video card laptops and Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

From the description I understand that system is not switching to the fasted video card which is Radeon 7600.

I suggest you to uninstall the current video card from device manager and install Radeon 7600 manually and check if this helps.

To uninstall from device manager follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right click on the video driver and click on
      uninstall
    • Now install Radeon 7600 and check.

Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 23, 2021
  3. "PC can't upgrade to Windows 10 due to incompatible video card" I have replace to a compatible video card but still shows old card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the graphic card driver and re-install. After it is complete, check for the status.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right Click on the graphic card and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 23, 2021
  4. Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video card?

How to reload video card in windows 10

Hello Sassywax,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest video card drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the video card drivers and select
      “Update”.
    If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the latest video card drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video card?

1. Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video card? - Similar Threads - Why did uninstall

2. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  3. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  4. WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?: EVERYTIME I UNINSTALL AN APP IT DOESNT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-uninstall-apps-on-my-windows/50e2754f-9b3a-4be9-a693-681a92cfb81a
  5. WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?

WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?: EVERYTIME I UNINSTALL AN APP IT DOESNT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-uninstall-apps-on-my-windows/50e2754f-9b3a-4be9-a693-681a92cfb81a
  6. WHY CANT I UNINSTALL APPS ON MY WINDOWS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Replace video card in Windows 11

Replace video card in Windows 11: How do you replace a video card in Windows 11 if you have no video output, due to not being able to install the card's drivers until the card is installed, and there are no onboard graphics on the mobo?Here is what I've tried so far:Disconnected all other peripheral...
  8. Replace video card in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace video card in Windows 11: How do you replace a video card in Windows 11 if you have no video output, due to not being able to install the card's drivers until the card is installed, and there are no onboard graphics on the mobo?Here is what I've tried so far:Disconnected all other peripheral...
  9. Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video car

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why did windows uninstall dozens of apps after I replaced my video car: My video card gave out and I put a new one in. Worked great but it reset my Start Menu. No big deal... Until I realized that along with deleting all my shortcuts, Windows 10 had also uninstalled around 50 applications!! Everything from a few free games from the Microsoft...
  10. Replacing a Video Card after installing the free Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Replacing a Video Card after installing the free Windows 10 upgrade: I've successfully installed Windows 10 on four desktop PCs and one older laptop. Windows 10 has performed perfectly but I'd like to install new video cards in two of the desktop computers. I've read a few very brief comments online regarding the possibility of invalidating...