Windows 10: Why did Windows10 introduced that update which merges two folders with the same name...

Discus and support Why did Windows10 introduced that update which merges two folders with the same name... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example in ‘XXX’ folder there is another folder named ‘abc’, with two files in it: a.txt and b.txt. If by mistake I drag/move inside the ‘XXX’... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rodditorcuck, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Why did Windows10 introduced that update which merges two folders with the same name...

For example in ‘XXX’ folder there is another folder named ‘abc’, with two files in it: a.txt and b.txt. If by mistake I drag/move inside the ‘XXX’ folder another one with the same name ‘abc’ (which has, let’s say c.txt in it), instead of being prompted that ‘abc’ folder already exists, Windows 10 will automatically merge them and I’ll have an unique ‘XXX’ folder with the three files: a.txt, b.txt and c.txt. That sounds covenient? Yes indeed. But imagine now I have 98765432 files in both folders, some of them with the same files, some different, and I wanna cancel this operation if I mistakely move the folder. If I right click “undo move”, how sure am I that windows undo’ed the operation? Not so sure. Because I just did that and there was a mess! It didn’t put back all the files in the second folder. So.. don’t make mistakes at work! Especially when you have no time to loose and no backup of that folder.

So.. is there a way to reverse this and be prompted again ???

submitted by /u/rodditorcuck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rodditorcuck, Feb 22, 2021

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 22, 2021
  3. PHanan Win User
    Merging two outlook contacts lists with same folder/list name

I migrated to a new Lumia phone. Have problem with two same name/file/folder contact lists for outlook ( had two lumia phones before). Would like to merge these into one folder so that I can view all the contacts at the same time

PHanan, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Jason Win User

Why did Windows10 introduced that update which merges two folders with the same name...

WIndows 10, copy/merge folder dialog option backwards?

Steps to Reproduce

• Set Windows Explorer Options to "Hide folder merge conflicts" unchecked
    • Create a folder called folderA
    • Create a folder called folderB
    • Copy folderA to folderB
    • Move folderA to folderB

Actual

• Nothing happens

Now try this:

• Set Windows Explorer Options to "Hide folder merge conflicts" checked
    • Create a folder called folderA
    • Create a folder called folderB
    • Copy folderA to folderB
    • Move folderA to folderB

Actual

• The merge dialog appears

QUESTIONS:

• Shouldn't setting "Hide folder merge conflicts" to be unchecked mean that the dialog should appear, rather than the opposite?
    • If there is a merge conflict, is is normal for it to fail silently?

Jason, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Why did Windows10 introduced that update which merges two folders with the same name...

1. Why did Windows10 introduced that update which merges two folders with the same name... - Similar Threads - Why did Windows10

2. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  3. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  4. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  5. Why Two different folders named Pictures?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Two different folders named Pictures?: I have recently found that my computer had created two different folders with the same name "Pictures". Both are on my D: drive which is my data drive where I keep data and my C: drive is my SSD.One folder is found at D:\Pictures and the other one is D:\niaga\Pictures. They...
  6. 7-Zip can create two folders with exact same name which will stop FileHistory

7-Zip can create two folders with exact same name which will stop FileHistory: Hi. If you go to https://gitlab.com/c.v.a/maturaarbeit-KSA/-/tree/master/MA-Vorlage you'll note that there's two folders sharing the same name "Präsentation". I downloaded the whole directory and extracted it using 7-Zip and now there's still two folders with exact same...
  7. Two folders of the same name in the same folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Two folders of the same name in the same folder: Hi All, Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this. By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two subfolders which are of exactly the same name, though their date stamps are different. It must have come about when I mass...
  8. Two Games with the same name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Games with the same name.: Why does Windows have a problem with video games with the same name? EA has two different versions of the video game Need for Speed Most Wanted. But that is all they have in common. The first Need for Speed Most Wanted was developed by Black Box Games and was released in...
  9. Two main folders with the same name and function

Two main folders with the same name and function: Hi, i trying to change the location of all these folders to other partition but i got a bug and two of that folders get like a fusion because have the same name, location and function, when i change the location of one, the other change to the same folder, how i revert this...
  10. Why two updates in the same day ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why two updates in the same day ?: I was on 1903-18334.19H1. This morning at 8:00 am I received 1903-18343.19H1 through WU. At 10:00 PM I received 1903- 18346. 19H1. Why would I get two updates the same day. I am an insider on the fast build option but I never received two updates the same day before. Has this...