Windows 10: why did you destroy the start menu in Windows 11

Discus and support why did you destroy the start menu in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft ruin the start menu in win 11 the start menu is now overly simplified and no customization. do you have a bunch of out of touch working at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dydric, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Dydric Win User

why did you destroy the start menu in Windows 11

Microsoft ruin the start menu in win 11 the start menu is now overly simplified and no customization. do you have a bunch of out of touch working at Microsoft or what! dix this now!

:)

Dydric, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jun 17, 2021
  4. why did you destroy the start menu in Windows 11

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

why did you destroy the start menu in Windows 11

1. why did you destroy the start menu in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - why did destroy

2. How did you mess the start menu so bad on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did you mess the start menu so bad on windows 11?: Doesn't microsoft have designers working for them? Don't know the basics about usability on UI? Even if you don't have professionals to develop a better menu, could have just used the same starting menu from windows 10.I buy the original software and now I need to pay for...
  3. How did you mess the start menu so bad on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did you mess the start menu so bad on windows 11?: Doesn't microsoft have designers working for them? Don't know the basics about usability on UI? Even if you don't have professionals to develop a better menu, could have just used the same starting menu from windows 10.I buy the original software and now I need to pay for...
  4. Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?: I was a big fan of Windows 10. I liked being able to use some of the leftover windows 7 programs but Windows 11 changed that. Several of my older programs no longer exist on my computer. I still prefer the Windows 7 version of photo viewer. Everything Microsoft created since...
  5. Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?

Why has Microsoft destroyed Windows 11?: I was a big fan of Windows 10. I liked being able to use some of the leftover windows 7 programs but Windows 11 changed that. Several of my older programs no longer exist on my computer. I still prefer the Windows 7 version of photo viewer. Everything Microsoft created since...
  6. Why was the Start Menu removed from windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was the Start Menu removed from windows 11?: I've been trying to get a fix so I can get a working start menu as per all the other older windows versions. However it seems they have been blocked/broken by Microsoft.The start menu now is garbage. If you can avoid upgrading I would. I much prefer a sensible start menu. It...
  7. Why was the Start Menu removed from windows 11?

Why was the Start Menu removed from windows 11?: I've been trying to get a fix so I can get a working start menu as per all the other older windows versions. However it seems they have been blocked/broken by Microsoft.The start menu now is garbage. If you can avoid upgrading I would. I much prefer a sensible start menu. It...
  8. Why did you change the quick access menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did you change the quick access menu?: I want to access some files on a daily basis and now I have to search for them. The change stinks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-you-change-the-quick-access-menu/dbb9be76-7d9a-476f-9136-8624632acd6b
  9. Why are you guys destroying my life?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why are you guys destroying my life?: I can see yall talking and I understand in sum way All of this microsoft this and that was never my beginning, So u guys have me sighned into pretty much everything that is my privacy and freedom???Why microsoft 'trustedt people' are u ***** kidding me, I would rather...
  10. Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?: Is there not an option, other than a 3rd party app? This is ridiculous. 62463