Windows 10: Why did you guys remove the filter in the search bar in file explorer?

Discus and support Why did you guys remove the filter in the search bar in file explorer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; before the latest microsoft update, when you searched something in the search bar in the files explorer, e.g. in "search pictures", it would limit the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Crocophobia, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Why did you guys remove the filter in the search bar in file explorer?

before the latest microsoft update, when you searched something in the search bar in the files explorer, e.g. in "search pictures", it would limit the amount of pictures to what you searched. After the latest update, you guys decided to remove this feature and this makes it super inconvenient to be able to search for something that you want and then insert into somewhere. Now, you'd have to find the file name and insert it like that and thats the only option. So why'd you remove this feature? You guys are actually braindead

:)

Crocophobia, Sep 20, 2020

2. Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows explorer

I had inserted a USB in my laptop and then removed it but when I searched the files in the search bar and in search this PC in windows explorer, all of the files and suggestions from the USB show up. What do I do to remove them?

"show recently opened items in jump lists on start or taskbar and in file explorer quick access" is already disabled. I have tried removing and adding c and drive d drive from the indexing options. I also tried clearing the device search history but nothing
    seems to work.

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Why did you guys remove the filter in the search bar in file explorer? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Why did you guys remove the filter in the search bar in file explorer?

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Why did you guys remove the filter in the search bar in file explorer?

1. Why did you guys remove the filter in the search bar in file explorer? - Similar Threads - Why did guys

2. Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer: Hello Windows community. I come to you after having installed W10 for the 1st time. Despite its W7 appearance due to custom themes and stuff, it's a W10. While I'm not done with installation, and still refining things here and there, there's one annoying thing I couldn't get...
  3. Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer: Hello Windows community. I come to you after having installed W10 for the 1st time. Despite its W7 appearance due to custom themes and stuff, it's a W10. While I'm not done with installation, and still refining things here and there, there's one annoying thing I couldn't get...
  4. Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  6. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  7. Remove bing from file explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove bing from file explorer search bar: Ever since an update I lost the ability to just type for a search, now it forces me to hit enter or click an irritating arrow and it looks like its searches for more than is in the folders. How do I change this back to just instant search. This is utterly irritating....
  8. Why was the highlighting of available search filters removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why was the highlighting of available search filters removed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nedimar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdxe62/why_was_the_highlighting_of_available_search/
  9. Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Search Bar in File Explorer.: So I've recently built my new pc, and I noticed that I was getting some issues with the search bar, whenever I typed something in and pressed the Enter Key; it'd show what I searched, however the search bar would turn grey and after that, it wouldn't let me type in it. It...
  10. File Explorer search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search bar not working: I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on forever. I left it up for an hour and it was still searching when I came back. I even tried to look for files that I knew were...