Windows 10: Why didn't I receive the call from Microsoft giving me the code to verify my identity?

Discus and support Why didn't I receive the call from Microsoft giving me the code to verify my identity? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; February 15, 2020 To: Microsoft Support From: Oran Mitchell Jr Subj.: Verification Call from Microsoft Hello, I am trying to synchronize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MitchellXP, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Why didn't I receive the call from Microsoft giving me the code to verify my identity?

February 15, 2020
    To: Microsoft Support
    Subj.: Verification Call from Microsoft

Hello,

I am trying to synchronize the Personalization Settings between my two 2 desktop PC’s and while attempting to sync, a message popped-up informing me that I must verify that I am really Oran Mitchell Jr. When I clicked on the ‘Verify’ link, a web page appeared informing me that they would Call or Text me at “xx xx xxx xx85 and provide a code number that I could use to verify my identity. I was instructed to complete the last four 4 digits of my phone number including the 85. I completed and submitted the number and now I am waiting for that Call which will provide the code number. It has been the better part of, and hour and I have not yet received that phone call.

This past December I encountered the same problem when I attempted to synchronize the settings. However, I thought it was a fluke problem and would fix itself, but it didn’t, because I have the same problem now. I don’t have a mobile phone, that is why I selected the ‘Call’ option.

Note: I have used the ‘Call’ option several times before and never had a problem. The phone usually rings within seconds after I submit the last four digits on my phone number.

Best Regards,
    Oran Mitchell Jr

:)

MitchellXP, Feb 15, 2020

2. Not receiving code to verify my identity.

I have tried numerous times to get my account verified and still have not yet received the code on my mobile. Is there any way to resolve this problem please

SueFleming, Feb 15, 2020
  3. cazjon Win User
    New laptop; can`t verify my microsoft identity

Hi, hope someone can help.

I can`t verify my microsoft account identity on my new HP Envy laptop with Windows 10, because the email address is wrong on the screen box.

I now have to wait 24 hours after 3 attempts, trying to reset the password.

I`ve opened a new Microsoft account (using my old laptop), but can`t use it because I can`t get past the verify setup page on the new laptop.

Any input would be gratefully received.

Thanks

cazjon, Feb 15, 2020
  4. SirTEPL Win User

Why didn't I receive the call from Microsoft giving me the code to verify my identity?

Not receiving code to verify my identity.

Hello! So sorry to bother you all with a small, silly little issue.

I am having trouble with verifying my identity now that I'm logged into my Microsoft account on windows 10.

Why didn't I receive the call from Microsoft giving me the code to verify my identity? b392da7b-1c85-47ba-8336-bd85ab6d44ae.png

When I click verify, it asks me to type in my email address to confirm that I own this account.

After doing so it tells me to insert the code sent to my email.

The only problem is, I have tried this several times over the course of 12 hours and have not received any code via email.

Everything on windows is running as it should so it is not a big deal, I'm just curious as to how a simple code is not being sent.

Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance.

SirTEPL, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Why didn't I receive the call from Microsoft giving me the code to verify my identity?

1. Why didn't I receive the call from Microsoft giving me the code to verify my identity? - Similar Threads - Why didn't receive

2. Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?: Every two hours or so, my PC suddenly forgets that I'm signed in and gives me a "Microsoft account error" pop-up that asks me to "verify my identity." All I have to do is enter my PIN to sign in again, but being signed out constantly in the middle of working is getting...
  3. Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?: Every two hours or so, I get a pop-up that says "Microsoft account error: Verify your identity" that essentially stops me from using any Microsoft services logs me out of Word/Office, stops OneDrive syncing, etc.. I only have to enter my PIN to resolve it, but having to deal...
  4. Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to keep "verifying my identity"?: Every two hours or so, I get a pop-up that says "Microsoft account error: Verify your identity" that essentially stops me from using any Microsoft services logs me out of Word/Office, stops OneDrive syncing, etc.. I only have to enter my PIN to resolve it, but having to deal...
  5. Why am I not receiving a code to verify my identity through either my email, phone, or my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I not receiving a code to verify my identity through either my email, phone, or my...: I forgot my password. I requested to have it authorized through my authenticator but got no response. I requested it send a code to my email. No code was sent. I requested a code be sent to my phone. I received nothing. Microsoft's online support would consistently either...
  6. Why am I not receiving a code to verify my identity through either my email, phone, or my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not receiving a code to verify my identity through either my email, phone, or my...: I forgot my password. I requested to have it authorized through my authenticator but got no response. I requested it send a code to my email. No code was sent. I requested a code be sent to my phone. I received nothing. Microsoft's online support would consistently either...
  7. I can't verify my Identity

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't verify my Identity: I can log into my account just fine in the Microsoft website. and I already logged into the Microsoft Store. However, when I was trying to download an app in the Store, it asked me to verify my identity yet again. I put my password and it says the password is wrong, but it's...
  8. Verifying my identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verifying my identity: When selecting Settings/Accounts/Your info I am informed that I need to verify my identity by clicking on a blue hyperlink labelled Verify. However, whenever I do click on this link I am presented with the following message in red:- "Sorry, there's a problem with the...
  9. I didn't receive my verification Code

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I didn't receive my verification Code: I was trying to buy a game off the windows store and they asked me to sign in and I did. And they asked to verify my e-mail so they can send the code to me and i verified my e-mail. I checked my inbox so see if it was there and it was no were to be found. So I tried 3 more...
  10. Verify my identity for my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify my identity for my Microsoft account: I need to verify my identity for my Microsoft account as I have a different cell phone number now. --- How do I do that? Everything else is the same as far as I know. Maybe I'll find out something different but now is the time to find out. My Windows version number is 1903...