Windows 10: Why didn't windows 10 ask for a product key?

Discus and support Why didn't windows 10 ask for a product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have a laptop which has been running windows 7 Pro for some years. I had to replace the HDD and decided at the same time to install Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CHR15toph3r, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Why didn't windows 10 ask for a product key?

Hi

I have a laptop which has been running windows 7 Pro for some years. I had to replace the HDD and decided at the same time to install Windows 10 instead of 7. So I downloaded it from the Microsoft website, on a different laptop straight onto a USB stick, and installed it, expecting it to ask for the product key at some point but it never did. So now I appear to have a fully working version of Windows 10 pro without having to put in the licence key?!?

Thanks

Chris

:)

CHR15toph3r, Feb 2, 2019
  2. AddRAM Win User

win 10 upgrade asking for product key

Just try it through Windows update, you shouldn`t have any issues.

Excellent question Navy, that`s probabaly why. If not then, as suggested, just use the Media Creation Tool and choose upgrade this PC in Step 3.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

AddRAM, Feb 2, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Feb 2, 2019
  4. cdawall Win User

Why didn't windows 10 ask for a product key?

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

It needs a key if it has never had windows 10 installed on it before.

cdawall, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Why didn't windows 10 ask for a product key?

1. Why didn't windows 10 ask for a product key? - Similar Threads - Why didn't ask

2. Product key didn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key didn't work: Buy new product key for windows 11 but failed installed." this product key you entered didn't work. 0x80041023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/dd3f0dae-571c-4832-b396-491253a30948
  3. Product key didn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key didn't work: Buy new product key for windows 11 but failed installed." this product key you entered didn't work. 0x80041023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/dd3f0dae-571c-4832-b396-491253a30948
  4. Didn't recieve Product Key For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Didn't recieve Product Key For Windows 10: Hi,My order no is: 6454893957.I purchased Win10 and Microsoft state that online digital purchases come with a product key that is emailed in the receipt. I recieved the reciept and it didn't have a product key. I wouldlike one if I have to reinstall windows and activate it....
  5. Didn't recieve Product Key For Windows 10

Didn't recieve Product Key For Windows 10: Hi,My order no is: 6454893957.I purchased Win10 and Microsoft state that online digital purchases come with a product key that is emailed in the receipt. I recieved the reciept and it didn't have a product key. I wouldlike one if I have to reinstall windows and activate it....
  6. Didn't recieve Product Key For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Product Key Didn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Didn't Work: We just purchased a license to upgrade our laptop from Windows 11 Home to windows 11 Pro. After we input the product key, it says that the product key didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/af0e812f-218e-4182-9be1-c9e6ab309575
  8. Product Key Didn't Work

Product Key Didn't Work: We just purchased a license to upgrade our laptop from Windows 11 Home to windows 11 Pro. After we input the product key, it says that the product key didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-didnt-work/af0e812f-218e-4182-9be1-c9e6ab309575
  9. Windows 10 product Key. Don't ask me for the product key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 product Key. Don't ask me for the product key.: Hi everyone! I am installing Windows 10 in a PC's friend ... and she had a hard disk with Windows 10 but I have installed a new ssd and I have a new key producto to install Windows 10. Well, I have been installed from 0 Windows 10, apart of the other one in this new ssd and...
  10. Windows asking for product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows asking for product key: My windows 10 (which was installed already when I bought my PC) is now saying my product key needs to be updated. I managed to find out my product key, but when I inserted it in the according field, (change product key) it says it cant connect to my organization. What is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 didnt ask for product key

2. windows 10 didnt ask for activation

3. windows set didnt ask me for activation

4. windows 10 install didnt ask for key,
  5. windows didnt ask for license key,
  6. why didnt windows 10 ask me to create account for my pc,
  7. windows 10 didnt asking for,
  8. parallels didnt ask for a windows key,
  9. didnt have windows product key during set up,
  10. windows setup didnt ask for product key,
  11. why didnt i need to enter a product key when installing windows 10,