Windows 10: Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer?

Discus and support Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All my files say they're shared in file explorer and i am really confused i have all of those sharing settings/remote access settings turned off but my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tyree47, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Tyree47 Win User

Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer?

All my files say they're shared in file explorer and i am really confused i have all of those sharing settings/remote access settings turned off but my files still say they're shared? does anyone know why this is happening? Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer? bda79cdc-71ca-444e-b9f4-ec88a7bec688?upload=true.png

:)

Tyree47, Jul 15, 2019

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Akumos Win User
    File Sharing

Ermmm, where are the files stored? Server or one of the machines you listed?

Should be easy enough to help you through the forum, you may not need a help site.

Akumos, Jul 15, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer? - Similar Threads - Why files they're

2. When trying to share a file via Email in File Explorer, it says there’s no associated...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When trying to share a file via Email in File Explorer, it says there’s no associated...: Wasn’t “Mail” supposed to be the default mail application in Windows? For all e-mail related stuff? How am I supposed to associated the default Mail app for email sharing when Mail is already the default app in Settings?...
  3. File Explorer-Share

File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  4. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  5. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why does my File Explorer do this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my File Explorer do this?: [ATTACH] Opening File Explorer through shortcut launches an additional (default icon) window submitted by /u/SaucdUp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6pxi0/why_does_my_file_explorer_do_this/
  7. File explorer locks my all the files

File explorer locks my all the files: Whenever I make a new file. The file explorer locks my file. All the times I have tried many things. Help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-locks-my-all-the-files/abc2a82a-2a76-436b-8024-7bfd823309b5
  8. Why does File Explorer not find all files?

in Cortana
    Why does File Explorer not find all files?: Have a lot of PDF Books and some things were being added to other folders and stuff getting mixed from time to time. I took every file out of its folder and into one big area in File Explorer. When all done, I go to the search button, then I go up to the search ribbon and...
  9. Why do ALL my files get shared?

Why do ALL my files get shared?: I enabled network discovery and enabled file and printer sharing on my computer, and when I view that computer over a network from another, I can see EVERYTHING on that computer. I did NOT manually enable sharing for each of the hundreds of files on my computer, but I can...
  10. Can't Delete Files on Share Because They're "In Use"

Can't Delete Files on Share Because They're "In Use": This issue is mainly on OS X but it's with a file on a Windows share so that's why I'm asking this here. My home file server is using Windows 10 Home to create a few shares with files on my hard drives in the PC. On my Mac, sometimes when I try to delete a file or modify...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does it mean when file explorer says shared

2. why does file explorer say a file is shared