Windows 10: Why do all my Windows app icons have the paint.net icon? Have tried resetting the icon cache

Discus and support Why do all my Windows app icons have the paint.net icon? Have tried resetting the icon cache in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/evether [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/evether, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Why do all my Windows app icons have the paint.net icon? Have tried resetting the icon cache

/u/evether, Feb 17, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 17, 2021
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Feb 17, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Why do all my Windows app icons have the paint.net icon? Have tried resetting the icon cache

Safe way to rebuild icon cache in windows 8.1?

Hi people, I've noticed the Task Scheduler icon on my desktop is "low quality"

Why do all my Windows app icons have the paint.net icon? Have tried resetting the icon cache shortcut-task-scheduler-jpg.jpg

Now I found this on the internet: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rebuild-the-icon-cache-windows

How to purge and rebuild the icon cache I would have to go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local folder and delete the hidden IconCache.db file.

Is this safe to do this?
    I don't want to mess up my system.

Anyone tried this before on windows 8.1?

Thanks!

P4-630, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Why do all my Windows app icons have the paint.net icon? Have tried resetting the icon cache

1. Why do all my Windows app icons have the paint.net icon? Have tried resetting the icon cache - Similar Threads - Why app icons

2. why some of apps have missing icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why some of apps have missing icons?: for whatever reason, some of my apps icons are not showing, here is the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-some-of-apps-have-missing-icons/8a8ec24b-4282-46dd-8f33-4906029ff231
  3. Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.: I was having some issues with some file thumbnails and I followed a guide provided on a microsoft forum to reset the icon cache of my windows install by deleting all "iconcache*.db" files in windows' explorer folder.After a restart, I've noticed that most icons for most of my...
  4. Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most icons gone after resetting icon cache and restarting.: I was having some issues with some file thumbnails and I followed a guide provided on a microsoft forum to reset the icon cache of my windows install by deleting all "iconcache*.db" files in windows' explorer folder.After a restart, I've noticed that most icons for most of my...
  5. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  6. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  7. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Why do my icons have the Killing floor icon over their icon? While typing this they all...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do my icons have the Killing floor icon over their icon? While typing this they all...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JNAC1991 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/12agm60/why_do_my_icons_have_the_killing_floor_icon_over/
  9. all my icons have a black box, I have rebuilt the icon cache like 4 times and its not fixing it

all my icons have a black box, I have rebuilt the icon cache like 4 times and its not fixing it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/el3ctric-runner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uhpeo9/all_my_icons_have_a_black_box_i_have_rebuilt_the/
  10. Why do I have this yellow icon?

Why do I have this yellow icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LuisPinaIII [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hopc2t/why_do_i_have_this_yellow_icon/