Windows 10: Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running?

Discus and support Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so, I have a few browsers installed, Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Brave. But each time I open them, they take up memory, and no other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HomieGhast, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running?

Hi, so, I have a few browsers installed, Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Brave. But each time I open them, they take up memory, and no other game/un-related browser program does this. How do I fix this? It's frying my computer. Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running? a56770ac-f194-42e4-9a25-7e85cf828f57?upload=true.png Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running? 5b41431f-0fb6-4d48-be83-b90966cc36ff?upload=true.png Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running? 04d4400e-0231-4fc0-8676-261d765cdeba?upload=true.png Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running? 653b7716-585e-46cf-8644-fb01205099e7?upload=true.png

:)

HomieGhast, Jan 3, 2021
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Derek12 Win User
    Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running?

Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running?

1. Why do all of my installed browsers take up so much memory when they are running? - Similar Threads - Why installed browsers

2. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  3. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  4. Why is Clipchamp taking up so much space on my computer?

Why is Clipchamp taking up so much space on my computer?: I am using a Windows 11 PC. I was trying to install a lot of apps 50 GB in total when I realized I didn't have enough space for them in my main drive. I opened Settings, and went to System>Storage. I was surprised when I saw that 91 GB of space was due to apps. I clicked on...
  5. Why do unused apps take up so much memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do unused apps take up so much memory?: My computer has a lot of storage issues. This is a bad thing because every single day it'll hit a point where it starts lagging and crashing, making it hard to do things like use Skype, watch videos, or write. I'm doing my best to clear up space to the point where my...
  6. Why do unused apps take up so much memory?

Why do unused apps take up so much memory?: My computer has a lot of storage issues. This is a bad thing because every single day it'll hit a point where it starts lagging and crashing, making it hard to do things like use Skype, watch videos, or write. I'm doing my best to clear up space to the point where my...
  7. Why are my windows files taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my windows files taking up so much space?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/blue7906 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mi2dj3/why_are_my_windows_files_taking_up_so_much_space/
  8. Could someone explain why this is taking up so much memory?

Could someone explain why this is taking up so much memory?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SaiKarthik04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7og4f/could_someone_explain_why_this_is_taking_up_so/
  9. Service Hosts Taking up so much memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Hosts Taking up so much memory: Its Been really bad lately with service hosts taking up an extreme amount of memory, resetting my computer does not help. If I leave my computer on for a certain amount of time, this happens[ATTACH]...
  10. Why is windows taking up so much ram?

Why is windows taking up so much ram?: [ATTACH] windows taking up way to much ram, like half of it https://preview.redd.it/a8z9aiop4fg41.png?width=432&format=png&auto=webp&s=549b1487bd359008a6ce44ac9310535c7c8ff334 submitted by /u/Monv44 [link] [comments]...