Windows 10: Why do app windows not snap fully to the left/right side of desktop?

Discus and support Why do app windows not snap fully to the left/right side of desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This does not occur when using start + arrow keys to snap app windows. I have a few apps arranged on my desktop just by manually moving them where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wonderstruck80, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Why do app windows not snap fully to the left/right side of desktop?

This does not occur when using start + arrow keys to snap app windows.

I have a few apps arranged on my desktop just by manually moving them where I want. Skype for example, if you move torward the edge of the screen it will "snap" however on the left or right there is a noticable border (maybe 5 px?). Same thing happens with firefox. If I try to position it to a left/right edge, it moves away by about 5 px. Anyone else seeing this too?

:)

wonderstruck80, Aug 10, 2015
  2. aaronwxm Win User

Windows 10 snap vs windows 7

hi

no, this doesn't fix my problem. when i do what you said i can't snap to the right hand side or left hand side anymore. i just want the behavior to be like the old windows where control left snaps to left, control right snaps to right, control up snaps full
    screen. i dont want control up to snap to upper right/left and then have to press control up again for full screen.

aaronwxm, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 multitasking snap system borked

Where are Microsoft's Engineers? Anyone reading this try to replicate it?

1. Log-off with an App snapped to one side of the edge. Win+right

2. Log on with the same app. it should restore in the snapped position.

3. Snap away from edge. Win+Left.

I got someone to confirm snapping away doesn't work. I expect similar results. If seems to me Windows remember it being permanently snapped for not one but all app windows. It explain why snap does work correctly when I drag a window side to the edge. Deleting
    those registry doesn't correct it.

MASTERDENG, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Why do app windows not snap fully to the left/right side of desktop?

1. Why do app windows not snap fully to the left/right side of desktop? - Similar Threads - Why app snap

2. Greeting Cards – How to Print Left & Right Sides

in Windows 10 Support
    Greeting Cards – How to Print Left & Right Sides: Greeting Cards – How to Print Left & Right Sides I have greeting cards where I copied the left and right side of another card. In the past, when I clicked on the card to print it, the left and right sides were viewable to print. Now, when I click on a card to print, only...
  3. Programs in left side of the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs in left side of the desktop: how to show the list of the programs in left side of the Desktop (Icons) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-in-left-side-of-the-desktop/0ff5beb6-ecc8-49b4-b0f7-ae7d290ae6b1
  4. Why do desktop icons auto-arrange to the left side after every windows update?

Why do desktop icons auto-arrange to the left side after every windows update?: For about the last 3 updates my desktop icons, which are placed in specific locations of my choosing across my desktop, are auto-arranged to the left side of the screen when I log into my account after my PC has restarted after a windows update installation. This is very...
  5. How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...

How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...: How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left[ATTACH] side as well as the right side of Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-all-of-my-hard-drives-listed-on-the/b3ac26a5-648d-4ddd-83dd-c93137f3c916
  6. Desktop not visible on left side of screen

Desktop not visible on left side of screen: left side of picture is quarter inch off screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-visible-on-left-side-of-screen/26661bc3-65be-4cf6-bf80-9f21b71d7aeb
  7. Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer: I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on "KingKong" (the name I gave my computer), hard drives J and L aren't listed under KingKong on the left but they're listed in...
  8. why i can't do right click on desktop

why i can't do right click on desktop: Hey My desktop has gone crazy. All start icons are on the left side on the screen (why). Some online advice has told me to right click the desktop and then choose "show icons", but I cannot right click the desktop at all. My current desktop looks like this and is not what I...
  9. How do you scroll desktop from left to right?

How do you scroll desktop from left to right?: How do you scroll the desktop (with the aps) in Windows 10 from left to right instead of up and down. I used my landlord's laptop and his scrolled right to left but he didn't make it that way so he doesn't know. Also is there a way to get rid of the Xbox ap? 36992
  10. Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness different on left and right sides of display: I just updated my display driver to the latest from Nvidia. Now the left half of the display is darker than the right half. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, but the problem remains. The driver is Nvidia 355.60 WHQL , and yes my display card in on the list...