Windows 10: Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall

Discus and support Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I reinstalled Windows awhile ago. Formatted and partitioned the system SSD ahead of time. I have a secondary HDD with media that I left alone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andyouf, Sep 4, 2018.

1. andyouf Win User

Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall

Hi,

I reinstalled Windows awhile ago. Formatted and partitioned the system SSD ahead of time. I have a secondary HDD with media that I left alone.

After the install I tried running a game from the secondary HDD and it ran. My question is how? I thought if I install a program even if it is off the OS drive that the installation would still have made alterations to the previous Windows' registry, settings, files, etc. I don't see how this can run under a new OS install without errors.

:)

andyouf, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall - Similar Threads - Why Apps Still

2. Why do file still open as read-only after killing process?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do file still open as read-only after killing process?: When I press Ctrl+Shift+ESE and kill Excel process, after then I open this file again, but it pops up to be used and can be opened as read-only. I can only open it after restart PC, I would like to know on how to complete kill process under windows 10. Does anyone have any...
  3. Why the tile bug after app update is still there after the YEARS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the tile bug after app update is still there after the YEARS?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2bmcx/why_the_tile_bug_after_app_update_is_still_there/
  4. Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?: I have a Win 10 Home computer which will not boot to Windows. I get to a small Windows logo and the 'swirly thing' and then the screen goes blank. If I reinstall Win 10 Home from a USB drive, will I also have to reinstall all of my apps?...
  5. Will I still get Win10 after reinstalling?

Will I still get Win10 after reinstalling?: The laptop in question was bought in 2014, with either Win7 or 8.1 (can't remember exactly), then upgraded to 10 when it was first offered as a free upgrade. Now I want to wipe it and reinstall Windows. Will I still be able to get 10 again, free? 128059
  6. Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall

Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall: Hi, I reinstalled Windows awhile ago. Formatted and partitioned the system SSD ahead of time. I have a secondary HDD with media that I left alone. After the install I tried running a game from the secondary HDD and it ran. My question is how? I thought if I install a...
  7. Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall: I bought a second-hand surface Pro and after a clean reinstall, still, windows is faulty. the problem is that none of Windows settings and capabilities work. the start button doesn't work, the control panel won't open. and none of the things that you have access through...
  8. Problem after removing and reinstalling apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem after removing and reinstalling apps: So I am a new windows 10 user - got a new computer and it came with windows 10. I went looking for a way to remove the apps I didn't want, and got a bit excited and removed too many, so then I looked for a way to put them back, I followed all the directions and steps but I...
  9. Windows 10 Settings still there after reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Settings still there after reinstall: Hi, I have changed multiple settings on windows 10 but whenever I reinstall it, and I log in using a Ms account the settings are still there. It's like it saves them. such as opening a folder in file explorer it will open in a new window so I know the settings haven't...
  10. Why do we still rebuild RAID drives?

in Windows 10 News
    Why do we still rebuild RAID drives?: Worried about the days long rebuild times of 6, 8, or even 10TB drives? Don't be. Object storage is getting rid of that relic of the 25-year-old RAID architecture. Here's how it works. What? RAID arrays are designed to allow one or two individual drives to fail without...