Windows 10: Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall

Discus and support Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I reinstalled Windows awhile ago. Formatted and partitioned the system SSD ahead of time. I have a secondary HDD with media that I left alone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andyouf, Sep 4, 2018.

1. andyouf Win User

Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall

Hi,

I reinstalled Windows awhile ago. Formatted and partitioned the system SSD ahead of time. I have a secondary HDD with media that I left alone.

After the install I tried running a game from the secondary HDD and it ran. My question is how? I thought if I install a program even if it is off the OS drive that the installation would still have made alterations to the previous Windows' registry, settings, files, etc. I don't see how this can run under a new OS install without errors.

:)

andyouf, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall - Similar Threads - Why Apps Still

2. Why is Windows apps still communicating after the application of a firewall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows apps still communicating after the application of a firewall?: My computer communicates with this IP 202.163.98.43 through SearchApp after blocking incoming & outgoing firewall blocking. Why is Windows still communicating this IP after the application of a firewall?Is this safe or not? Why is the firewall not working?...
  3. Why is Windows apps still communicating after the application of a firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Windows apps still communicating after the application of a firewall?: My computer communicates with this IP 202.163.98.43 through SearchApp after blocking incoming & outgoing firewall blocking. Why is Windows still communicating this IP after the application of a firewall?Is this safe or not? Why is the firewall not working?...
  4. Why is the TikTok app still opening after I deleted it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the TikTok app still opening after I deleted it?: I downloaded the TikTok desktop app from the Microsoft Store that's pre-installed with my Windows 10 laptop. The TikTok app didn't have the features I wanted, so I deleted it. But still any time I try to open a TikTik related link from my browser, it will open the deleted...
  5. Why is the TikTok app still opening after I deleted it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the TikTok app still opening after I deleted it?: I downloaded the TikTok desktop app from the Microsoft Store that's pre-installed with my Windows 10 laptop. The TikTok app didn't have the features I wanted, so I deleted it. But still any time I try to open a TikTik related link from my browser, it will open the deleted...
  6. Why is my Pc still slow after 2 reset and reinstalls.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is my Pc still slow after 2 reset and reinstalls.: Hello, I have a desktop running windows 10. The other day I ran into some issues and restarted my pc and it went into automatic repair. I was told automatic repair could not fix it, and upon doing some research I found I had corrupted windows files. I attempted every fix I...
  7. after reinstall win10,still BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after reinstall win10,still BSOD: DESKTOP-0P4AVPU-(2021-07-02_22-32-37).zip - Google Drive after reinstall the win10,There is also BSOD thanks a lot windows ver:20H2(19042.1052) 182032
  8. Why the tile bug after app update is still there after the YEARS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the tile bug after app update is still there after the YEARS?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2bmcx/why_the_tile_bug_after_app_update_is_still_there/
  9. Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?

Win 10 reinstall - will apps still work?: I have a Win 10 Home computer which will not boot to Windows. I get to a small Windows logo and the 'swirly thing' and then the screen goes blank. If I reinstall Win 10 Home from a USB drive, will I also have to reinstall all of my apps?...
  10. Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall

Why Do Apps Still Work After Reinstall: Hi, I reinstalled Windows awhile ago. Formatted and partitioned the system SSD ahead of time. I have a secondary HDD with media that I left alone. After the install I tried running a game from the secondary HDD and it ran. My question is how? I thought if I install a...