Windows 10: Why do Calendar and Mail tiles in the start menu have a different color than other tiles?

Discus and support Why do Calendar and Mail tiles in the start menu have a different color than other tiles? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TinyLittleBits [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TinyLittleBits, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Why do Calendar and Mail tiles in the start menu have a different color than other tiles?

/u/TinyLittleBits, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Spike Win User

start menu tile colors

I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same.
    Thanks

Spike, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Aakster Win User
    Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Fijjit Win User

Why do Calendar and Mail tiles in the start menu have a different color than other tiles?

Control the color of individual start menu tiles

In Windows 10, the start menu tiles all have the same background color, determined by the color theme you choose.

However, the Microsoft Office tiles (e.g. Excel, Word) each have different colors - Word is blue, Excel is green, etc.

Is there any way to set individual colors on other tiles? E.g. could I set Visual Studio to be purple and Evernote to be green?

To be clear, I don't want to control the overall theme - e.g. I don't want all tiles to be green instead of grey - I want to control the tile colors individually.

Fijjit, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Why do Calendar and Mail tiles in the start menu have a different color than other tiles?

1. Why do Calendar and Mail tiles in the start menu have a different color than other tiles? - Similar Threads - Why Calendar Mail

2. A start menu tile is a different color

in Windows 10 Customization
    A start menu tile is a different color: Hello!I've had this problem for a while now, basically a start menu tile picture below is slightly lighter then the others. I'm running version 21H1, so the tiles should be all the same color.Got any idea?...
  3. Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent

Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent: The tile background colors on my Start Menu have been showing different colors for different apps. Even apps installed through the same suite are inconsistent, such as Adobe programs. Other apps, such as Spotify, seem to use custom colors, which have always been the case....
  4. Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared

Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared: This problem of mine started yesterday, after Windows 10, version 20H2 Feature Update. No hardware or other software changes. Everything works just fine, it's just mildly annoying and I would like a solution if anyone can give me one. I posted a photo of what the Start Menu...
  5. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  6. Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change color of tiles in Windows Start Menu?: Does anyone know how to change the color of individual tiles in the Windows Start Menu? By default the color will match the Start Menu background color and there's no Windows setting that will allow to set a tile's color. Thanks 167434
  7. Different color of tiles in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different color of tiles in the start menu.: [ATTACH] Yes, I have a problem again. I hope it's the last one. Some tiles of the background is brighter than the other. I saw a similar post about 2 weeks ago, but I lost it. P.s.:the system has Russian installed, because I am from Russia....
  8. Suddenly Office tiles have different color that the rest tiles. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly Office tiles have different color that the rest tiles. Why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DMGLMGMLG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzj0oc/suddenly_office_tiles_have_different_color_that/
  9. Different colored tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Different colored tiles in Start Menu: Windows 10 Pro Does anyone know what the significance of the highlighted items might mean? Googling this turned up empty. Mighty thankful for your help. 149708
  10. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729