Windows 10: Why do [CODE] tags in these forums strip all newlines?

Discus and support Why do [CODE] tags in these forums strip all newlines? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I often post bits of PowerShell code as part of my answers to others here. I copy & paste from Notepad, the select the text & click the # icon. Click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KeithM, Jun 12, 2019.

1. KeithM Win User

Why do [CODE] tags in these forums strip all newlines?

I often post bits of PowerShell code as part of my answers to others here. I copy & paste from Notepad, the select the text & click the # icon. Click Preview and multi-line code has had all newlines stripped & I have to go through it & re-insert the newlines. Quite frustrating. Am I missing something or is this "by design"? Not every script is a one-liner!!!

Keith

:)

KeithM, Jun 12, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

forum tags - are they any useful?

W1z, put the tag cloud in the main page of the forums, above the list of forums, it will have an impact.

It has a potential to be useful, I've tagged several threads so far, I'm sure global mods and admins can see who tagged what (look at the tags of this thread) so keep the pointer on the infractions icon *Big Grin Why do [CODE] tags in these forums strip all newlines? :D

btarunr, Jun 12, 2019
  3. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Why do [CODE] tags in these forums strip all newlines?

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Why do [CODE] tags in these forums strip all newlines? [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Why do [CODE] tags in these forums strip all newlines?

1. Why do [CODE] tags in these forums strip all newlines? - Similar Threads - Why CODE tags

2. Why did the strip all the useful features out of the Window 11 taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the strip all the useful features out of the Window 11 taskbar?: Why is the window 11 taskbar useless? Is window 11 supposed to be a mobile OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-the-strip-all-the-useful-features-out-of/e1507761-09fd-4f0b-9c02-a4a76509367f
  3. Why did the strip all the useful features out of the Window 11 taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did the strip all the useful features out of the Window 11 taskbar?: Why is the window 11 taskbar useless? Is window 11 supposed to be a mobile OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-the-strip-all-the-useful-features-out-of/e1507761-09fd-4f0b-9c02-a4a76509367f
  4. Removing all photo tags in OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing all photo tags in OneDrive: OneDrive began tagging my photos without my knowledge or consent. I consider this highly invasive and a serious security threat. I have turned off autotagging. How do I remove ALL the tags from ALL the photos that OneDrive has tagged?...
  5. Removing all photo tags in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing all photo tags in OneDrive: OneDrive began tagging my photos without my knowledge or consent. I consider this highly invasive and a serious security threat. I have turned off autotagging. How do I remove ALL the tags from ALL the photos that OneDrive has tagged?...
  6. Removing all photo tags in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why is my profile blocked on this forum?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why is my profile blocked on this forum?: Obviously, I'm not posting the question from there, but my main MS profile says "Your profile is blocked" for this forum. Who can help with this, please?...
  8. F9 key strips coding from page?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    F9 key strips coding from page?: I accidentally hit F9 instead of F11 and it stripped all the HTML off the site, pretty much doing what the Outline.com site does. I tried to see if it would bypass firewalls, and it worked on LA Times, but not on NY Times (darn!). What is going on? I thought F9 only worked...
  9. Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders: Does anybody know if microsoft has any plans on supporting tags for every type of file and folder? I found some other tools like tabbles (https://tabbles.net) and 'Tagging for windows' (https://tagging.connectpaste.com) which are good to work with, but I would like it to be...
  10. Forum site all garbled with Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Forum site all garbled with Edge?: Hey gang, I have run into a problem with one of the forum sites I subscribe to. All Forums It is only this specific forum site I am having the issue with. All other forum sites I subscribe to are fine, along with any other website as well. In fact the EVGA home site...