Windows 10: Why do desktop icons auto-arrange to the left side after every windows update?

Discus and support Why do desktop icons auto-arrange to the left side after every windows update? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For about the last 3 updates my desktop icons, which are placed in specific locations of my choosing across my desktop, are auto-arranged to the left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sean09, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Sean09 Win User

Why do desktop icons auto-arrange to the left side after every windows update?

For about the last 3 updates my desktop icons, which are placed in specific locations of my choosing across my desktop, are auto-arranged to the left side of the screen when I log into my account after my PC has restarted after a windows update installation. This is very annoying, and I would like to know why it keeps happening now, as it did not used to happen with Windows 10 updates.

:)

Sean09, Apr 15, 2019

2. auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Problem regarding Auto Arranging of the icons on desktop to Left Hand Side

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please be informed that if Auto Arrange Icons option is selected, then by default all icons on the desktop should move to left hand side of the screen.

To uncheck Auto Arrange Icons right click on the desktop and click on View and uncheck the option Auto Arrange Icons.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Why do desktop icons auto-arrange to the left side after every windows update?

Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018)

It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even though My Desktop "View" option has "Auto Arrange" unchecked.

DesktopOK saves my butt but the Desktop shouldn't "Auto Arrange" unless I ask it to.

Don Sutter, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Why do desktop icons auto-arrange to the left side after every windows update?

1. Why do desktop icons auto-arrange to the left side after every windows update? - Similar Threads - Why desktop icons

2. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  3. Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is auto arrange for desktop randomly organizing my icons?: I've had auto arrange on for years, but never used any of the sorting options because I manually sorted the icons to my liking. Within the last 2 weeks, it's now been sorting my icons to a random order, but when I manually put them back, and my desktop refreshes, it just goes...
  4. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  5. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  6. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  7. This PC icon pinned to the left side of the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    This PC icon pinned to the left side of the desktop: This PC icon is pinned on the left side primarily the upper corner but if the place is taken by other apps it will simply go downwards of my desktop. I am able to move it and replace it but the second I refresh or restart my laptop it goes back. It is the only icon that does...
  8. The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...

in Windows 10 Support
    The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...: Hello, The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every reboot or "Explorer" restart. I use "CCleaner" regularly but I don't see an option that might cause that issue. [img] Windows 10 Pro X64, Version 2004 Build 19041.388 162149
  9. Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refreshing Desktop auto arranges Desktop Icons!: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (version 1803 OS Build 17134.228 - a/o Aug 15, 2018) It appears some recent update has decided to ignore my Desktop settings and auto arrange all my Desktop Icons whenever I refresh my Desktop (right click background / left click Refresh) even...
  10. Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange: My desktop icons are aligning on the left of my desktop. When I try to move them, they snap back to where they were. So, I tried right-clicking the desktop thinking I would uncheck "Align icons to grid". That option was not checked, and neither was "Auto arrange icons". I...