Windows 10: Why do documents I create in Word not appear in File manager on my desktop comptuer but do...

Discus and support Why do documents I create in Word not appear in File manager on my desktop comptuer but do... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Word Perfect. File Manager.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KarenNardella, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Why do documents I create in Word not appear in File manager on my desktop comptuer but do...

Word Perfect. File Manager.

:)

KarenNardella, Dec 2, 2022
  2. marinro Win User

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Lost Word documents

Hi LornaRadke,

Firs check your recycle bin folder probably you can find your lost file there. If not found there then try another way of searching your lost documents file by their name in the search box.

Still not found, then apply these manual steps: Open MS Word > click the File Tab > Click Manage Document >select Recover Unsaved Documents from the drop-down
    list > Check for your missing file in the dialog box >Open the recovered Word document > click the Save As button in the top banner.

Probably you will find your lost documents on this list.

Finally if not shows there then try the last alternative option i.e. third party free data recovery programs like Recuva, stellar data recovery free edition, recoverit, etc. These utility programs completely free and can help you to recover your lost
    files. You can try your luck. Thanks

SandraMcgray, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Why do documents I create in Word not appear in File manager on my desktop comptuer but do...

.Recover shredded document in Word

Hi Janice,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Open word application and click the File tab.
    2. Click on Info > Manage Document >
      Recover Unsaved Documents.
    3. A list of unsaved files are shown.
    4. Look for the file try opening and saving it.

You can also refer to
    Back up and restore your files
    under the section Restore your files for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

Why do documents I create in Word not appear in File manager on my desktop comptuer but do...

1. Why do documents I create in Word not appear in File manager on my desktop comptuer but do... - Similar Threads - Why documents create

2. how do I cite my work on a word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I cite my work on a word document: how do I cite my work on a word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cite-my-work-on-a-word-document/1b8d6947-23e5-46ca-bc16-d2277f35ac08
  3. how do I cite my work on a word document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I cite my work on a word document: how do I cite my work on a word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-cite-my-work-on-a-word-document/1b8d6947-23e5-46ca-bc16-d2277f35ac08
  4. Why do random Icons appear on my Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do random Icons appear on my Desktop icons?: Please help me troubleshoot this issue: I've noticed that random icons occasionally appear over my desktop icons, as seen in the screenshot attached.This time, it happens to be the New World logo. Although it doesn't hinder my computer usage, it strikes me as unusual.If...
  5. Icons just appeared on the files on my desktop, whether photos or Word documents

Icons just appeared on the files on my desktop, whether photos or Word documents: Hello,I have about ten files on my desktop, some photos and some Word documents. Today, out of nowhere, tiny icons appeared on them. I am wondering what happened, if my laptop became infected with a virus, or if the change is part of an update, only there was no update...
  6. Icons just appeared on the files on my desktop, whether photos or Word documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons just appeared on the files on my desktop, whether photos or Word documents: Hello,I have about ten files on my desktop, some photos and some Word documents. Today, out of nowhere, tiny icons appeared on them. I am wondering what happened, if my laptop became infected with a virus, or if the change is part of an update, only there was no update...
  7. Why do documents I create in Word not appear in File manager on my desktop comptuer but do...

Why do documents I create in Word not appear in File manager on my desktop comptuer but do...: Word Perfect. File Manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-documents-i-create-in-word-not-appear-in/19f0c041-c9cb-4620-8f3f-bd5f0a3392fa
  8. Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???: Why do my Desktop icons appear like this every few days or whenever there is an update? Some look fuzzy and strange while other are almost non existent... just their titles remain...
  9. Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???

Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???: Why do my Desktop icons appear like this every few days or whenever there is an update? Some look fuzzy and strange while other are almost non existent... just their titles remain...
  10. I need to open 1 word document and I do not have word , what can I do for this 1 document?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to open 1 word document and I do not have word , what can I do for this 1 document?: I need to open 1 word document and I do not have word , what can I do for this 1 document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-open-1-word-document-and-i-do-not-have/9c93655c-0264-4256-9ef3-8f53ea16ce96"