Windows 10: Why do emails in my Windows 10 Live mail "All Mail" keep reinstating themselves?

Discus and support Why do emails in my Windows 10 Live mail "All Mail" keep reinstating themselves? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do emails in my Windows 10 Live mail "All Mail" keep reinstating themselves? They stay deleted from "Quick view" and "Inbox", but for the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by catherineridgeon, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Why do emails in my Windows 10 Live mail "All Mail" keep reinstating themselves?

Why do emails in my Windows 10 Live mail "All Mail" keep reinstating themselves? They stay deleted from "Quick view" and "Inbox", but for the last month I've been unable to keep them deleted from "All Mail". What can I do, please?

:)

catherineridgeon, Feb 1, 2021

2. So now there's no way to get a @live account to work with Windows Live Mail now?

I've been getting the 3219 error, googled it, found solution (to use the Mail program of Win 10 etc.

But I like the interface of Windows Live Mail - I have all my email addresses on it, now it's refusing the most important @Live one which I use for work.

Is there a way to get Windows Live to work with @live.com mail addresses or is all hope lost?

Black Panther, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Live Mail in Windows 10

Windows 2012 Live Mail failed after the Win10 upgrade in that it gave error code ID 0x800C013E on connecting the the mail servers. This error code isn't shown in the Live Mail code list published by MS!

1st tried to export the emails and account details to safety and that feature simply didn't work.

2nd followed the MS suggested move of emails to the storage folders and then delete/reinstate the account details. No Joy.

The inbox folder created for the storage area had 'disappeared' and the contents lost.

I copied back the saved version of the mail.msmessage file and the email headers show but the body text doesn't.

3rd Having previously made a copy of the 'mail.msmessagestore' and copied elsewhere, I then uninstalled live mail (the referenced repair of the application doesn't exist in win 10 it seems.) and reinstalled, then overwrote the new mail.msmessagestore with
    the old. Still doesn't work.

The new email app in win 10 is so simplistic as to be worthless and cant import content in any way.

Live Mail is not compatible with win 10 upgrade as this seems to be the same problem with win 8x upgrades.

Any suggestions much appreciated as my wife runs her business using Live Mail or did anyway?

thanks

KennethTVY, Feb 1, 2021
  4. John582n Win User

Why do emails in my Windows 10 Live mail "All Mail" keep reinstating themselves?

Live Mail in Windows 10

You could try this.

*Warning, you will lose all the emails stored locally unless they are in Windows Live Mail "Storage folders"*

• Open Windows Live Mail
    • Right click on you account name and Remove account
    • Restart Windows Live Mail
    • Set the account up again and see if it works

If that still doesn't work, try this:

*Warning, you will lose all the emails stored locally including those in Windows Live Mail "Storage folders"*

• Close Windows Live Mail
    • Open File Explorer, Go View > Options > in Folder Options window click View and Select "Show hidden files, folders & drives
    • Navigate to c:\Users\<your user name>\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • Copy the Windows Live Mail folder somewhere else in case you want to revert. Also, if you have mail stored in Windows Live Mail "Storage folders" you can reinstate that folder later
    • Delete the Windows Live Mail folder
    • Start Windows Live Mail and set up your account

John582n, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Why do emails in my Windows 10 Live mail "All Mail" keep reinstating themselves?

1. Why do emails in my Windows 10 Live mail "All Mail" keep reinstating themselves? - Similar Threads - Why emails Live

2. Why is my email not sending after an update on windows live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my email not sending after an update on windows live mail: Windows Live Mail not sending after updateAny ideas please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-email-not-sending-after-an-update-on/0ee3b129-d4af-4b7d-9ff5-0c4aeea854d3
  3. Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Load Windows Live Mail emails into Windows 10 Mail: How do I access (with my new Windows 10 Home [version 1903] computer using Windows Mail) the many thousands of Windows Live Mail (WLM) emails on my old Windows 7 computer. I use yahoo mail, and I am able to get new yahoo mail using Windows 10 Mail on the new computer, and I...
  4. Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails: Hello. I am in need of some advice with my windows live mail acct. I am running windows 10 pro. I have ATT as my email server. Last night a tech from att and myself tried to create a new email account along side of the 2 existing email accounts that I have had for 15 years or...
  5. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  6. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  7. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  8. Windows live mail is not sending emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows live mail is not sending emails: My windows live mail is not sending emails. This is the message I get An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Invoice' Server Error: 554 Server Response: 554 5.7.1 Message rejected due to possible malicious content Server: 'send.xtra.co.nz' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  9. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail: I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10. I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer. How do I do that? Thanks, cb 79288
  10. Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keeping Windows Live Mail with Windows 10?: I have the Windows 10 upgrade queued up and ready to install on my Windows 7 machine, but I'm nervous to do so for fear that I'll lose all my storage folders, contacts, and emails that are currently in my Windows Live Mail (I have two separate accounts configured). Will...