Windows 10: Why do file still open as read-only after killing process?

Discus and support Why do file still open as read-only after killing process? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I press Ctrl+Shift+ESE and kill Excel process, after then I open this file again, but it pops up to be used and can be opened as read-only. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by oemSoft, Mar 9, 2020.

1. oemSoft Win User

Why do file still open as read-only after killing process?

When I press Ctrl+Shift+ESE and kill Excel process, after then I open this file again, but it pops up to be used and can be opened as read-only. I can only open it after restart PC, I would like to know on how to complete kill process under windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:)

oemSoft, Mar 9, 2020
  2. borgus Win User

Auto-kill a process

Appreciate the suggestion. I use a .bat file here to do essentially what you describe, but my aim is to automate the process - no user intervention. A specified process opens; it spots and kills it. Closest that I have seen is an app that claims to do this on a schedule.

borgus, Mar 9, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Auto-kill a process

As I said, a trivial Autohotkey script - a permanent loop
    loop {
    If process exists - kill it
    sleep n
    }

(very roughly)

dalchina, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Why do file still open as read-only after killing process? - Similar Threads - Why file still

2. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only: Odd one. Can find plenty of solutions for files that are coming up as locked for no reason, but when opening files there is no prompt for "this file is locked by user xxxxxx" Users are not getting prompted to say who has a file open! Its causing issues.HELP!!!Thanks :...
  3. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only: Odd one. Can find plenty of solutions for files that are coming up as locked for no reason, but when opening files there is no prompt for "this file is locked by user xxxxxx" Users are not getting prompted to say who has a file open! Its causing issues.HELP!!!Thanks :...
  4. No prompt for "File is locked" and opens in read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files are read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are read only: All of my files are read only, including files on a data server. How do I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-read-only/5a92e5a7-83d9-485b-8280-145b318ca06b
  6. How do I kill this process

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I kill this process: [ATTACH] I know the consequences, please tell me how to submitted by /u/Niru2169 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljpdzx/how_do_i_kill_this_process/
  7. why are my files read-only

why are my files read-only: This morning, I tried to update a file I opened yesterday, but was unable to because it was read-only. I checked, and all of my folders and files are now read-only. I changed all of them on one of my external drives, but when I restarted all were again read-only. I found a...
  8. read only files

read only files: read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-files/e2f111ee-e6c7-426f-88d2-6421bfd62668"
  9. file read only

file read only: Hello, A folder is suddenly read only. I have tried changing it both as a user and administrator to no avail. Is there a procedure to correct this other than change the folder name? Thanks...
  10. Why Files open with "Read Only"?

Why Files open with "Read Only"?: Every time I open a Word file, it opens with "Read Only", and when I make a change I have to save it with another name!!! Also another problem is when I open Photos, I see multiple copies (duplicates) of the same picture. It looks like Windows keep bringing in my pictures...