Windows 10: Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?

Discus and support Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Leaving aside the well known, obnoxious and frankly dangerous policy that microsoft has of forcing updates through without any option to postpone or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bertusde Jong, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?

Leaving aside the well known, obnoxious and frankly dangerous policy that microsoft has of forcing updates through without any option to postpone or prevent them, why in the name of all that's holy does every single update wipe all my stored wifi passwords? Are you people sick? Did your dads beat you? Did they not beat you enough?I'm not really looking for a solution I just hope everyone involved with this shitshow goes on fire and dies and nobody goes to their funeral.

:)

Bertusde Jong, Sep 30, 2021
  2. BRYNLENOX Win User

Cannot Save WIFI Password

go to settings>network & internet>manage wifi connections>click your router>hit forget...then right click on wireless icon>open network>set up new connection or network>manually connect to wireless>put in your wireless name tab to password > check save this...it worked for me after all the other suggestions failed.hope it helps you.

BRYNLENOX, Sep 30, 2021
  3. DMatch Win User
    Forced update wiped my computer.

I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing.
    Any suggestions? I am out of business.

DMatch, Sep 30, 2021
  4. Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?

Delete saved WiFi/WLAN password for specific user

How can we delete the saved WiFi/WLAN password (the one that is used for 'connect automatically') for a specific «User Profile» listed above?

I don't want to delete the complete «User Profile», only the password.
    Or do I 'delete' the wireless network profile but it reapperas on the next WiFi scan without password?

WTenNewbie, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?

1. Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time? - Similar Threads - Why forced updates

2. Wifi is disconnected every single time I turn on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is disconnected every single time I turn on my laptop.: I have watched several youtube videos and tried to fix it through different ways but it still says "no internet" under my wifi network. Please help....
  3. Wifi is disconnected every single time I turn on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is disconnected every single time I turn on my laptop.: I have watched several youtube videos and tried to fix it through different ways but it still says "no internet" under my wifi network. Please help....
  4. Forced update wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update wiped my computer.: I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing. Any suggestions?...
  5. My passwords and accounts are not saved every time I restart my PC,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My passwords and accounts are not saved every time I restart my PC,: Every time I will use my pc or restart it, my accounts synced to mail always get out of date and needed to fix. also. All my saved passwords on ALL of my browsers always get deleted . The boorkmarks and browser data is still there, JUST the passwords. So I always need to...
  6. Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update wiped out all of my saved passwords. I do not use Edge: Thank you. You're .............. update wiped out all of my passwords and now I can't get into my Lastpass. This means I will have to open a new account. This is very inconsiderate....
  7. Microsoft forced update wipes my data

Microsoft forced update wipes my data: I recently put my work computer to sleep mode and left for the day. In the morning it was slow to wake up and when it did, I noticed thatall off my data was wiped out. My Intuit Quickbooks company file was gone, everything. I brought my computer in for repair and was...
  8. Microsoft updates are doing a reset on my computer now every single time there is an update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft updates are doing a reset on my computer now every single time there is an update: I have gone through some of the threads on this issue and this seems to be a constant theme going back over a year or more. For the last four or five updates my computer is being reset and anything that I have done for custom settings is lost. I have even lost files. I REALLY...
  9. Why is Bluetooth disappearing EVERY SINGLE UPDATE!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is Bluetooth disappearing EVERY SINGLE UPDATE!: So I have a Lenovo 700-25ish. I have the Qualcomm BT driver. There has been issues ever since WIN 10 came out and every update it gets messed up. I am sooo sick and tired of spending hours fixing something that I should NEVER have to deal with. I know the answer is to switch...
  10. Every single forced windows 10 update breaks my PC.

Every single forced windows 10 update breaks my PC.: It's always a different issue and always results in me having to completely reinstall my OS. It's getting ridiculous. I've turned off automatic updates but it starts spamming you hourly with "lets get back on track" and never gives you the option to say no to the updater...