Windows 10: Why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home?

Discus and support Why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would like to know on why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oemSoft, Jan 26, 2020.

1. oemSoft Win User

Why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home?

I would like to know on why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions

:)

oemSoft, Jan 26, 2020
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Jan 26, 2020
  3. tcebob Win User
    Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

Why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home? [​IMG]

tcebob, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home?

GPEDIT is completely ineffective in Win10 PRO

Hi joeyberger,

Sorry for the delay in response

What specific setting did you change in gpedit?

Do you face the issue only with gpedit?

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home?

1. Why do gpedit.msc not available under win 10 home? - Similar Threads - Why gpedit msc

2. .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player: I recently needed to reboot a service on my computer and found that I am not able to open services.msc because it's defaulted to open under Windows Media Player.I tried to reset the default app to open the .msc file type but couldn't figure out how, or what app to set it to...
  3. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  4. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  5. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  6. why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ?: why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-gpedit-on-my-win-10-system/5b9c07a8-65a3-4e2d-84a2-461ae1b948d6
  7. Why do USB bootable drive not working under Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do USB bootable drive not working under Win 10?: My USB bootable drive (NTFS format) work under window 7, but it does not recognized under window 10. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  8. Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan

in Windows 10 Support
    Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan: I ran sfc /scannow the other day and it found corrupted files which it couldn't fix. I checked the CBS log and noticed that it seemed to be related to gpedit which I added to my Win 10 Home Pc some time back with a batch file I found on the net. I then ran the DISM tool....
  9. Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home: Hello I followed the guide below to enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home https://www.itechtics.com/easily-ena...-home-edition/ Basically, it says to use a .bat file to get Group Policy Editor running. Now, I'd like to disable or undo what that .bat does. I've...
  10. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home: I have installed this program: How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG on my Windows 8.1 home machine. Now i would like to back up the gpedit settings before installing windows 10, because windows 10 seems to be a kind of fresh...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is gpedit not recognised in command prompt