Windows 10: why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device?

Discus and support why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Everytime I use my Flash Drive/Storage Device and then select the icon "Safely Remove it", I get this warning box. I colse out all that is open, try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ruth2340, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Ruth2340 Win User

why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device?

Everytime I use my Flash Drive/Storage Device and then select the icon "Safely Remove it", I get this warning box. I colse out all that is open, try again and still get this box up. So I restart my PC and when back up I click "Safely Remove" and it allows me to remove it without this box. It is a pain to have to restart everytime I use that Flash Drive. See Attached.

:)

Ruth2340, Jan 13, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

An error occured while ejecting

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to follow the steps listed in
    problem ejecting USB mass storage device
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Probem Ejecting USB Mass storage Device ( Eject Hard Drive) WINDOWS 10

I want to eject USB storage device safely by command eject for it, i also check that device is not currently in use

but i can't eject it safely

why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device? 36c5521d-fd39-456c-894b-6413cee9be3f?upload=true.png

please suggest me about this issue

vijaypanwar, Jan 16, 2022
  4. why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device?

Problem Ejecting UBS Mass Storage Device

Hi,

You may click this
    link
    and check the post of Ajay K on March 24, 2011 to resolve your problem in ejecting USB mass storage device.

Hope this helps.

Marilou Ser, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device?

1. why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device? - Similar Threads - why always Error

2. Why can I not eject USB devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I not eject USB devices?: I have a Windows 10 Pro system with a 4-port SATA bay and 2 front-mounted USB ports. My SATA bay functions normally, but devices plugged into either of my USB ports will not show up in the Safely Remove Device menu. Under normal circumstances, I can right-click them in...
  3. Why can I not eject USB devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can I not eject USB devices?: I have a Windows 10 Pro system with a 4-port SATA bay and 2 front-mounted USB ports. My SATA bay functions normally, but devices plugged into either of my USB ports will not show up in the Safely Remove Device menu. Under normal circumstances, I can right-click them in...
  4. Why can I not eject USB devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device?: Everytime I use my Flash Drive/Storage Device and then select the icon "Safely Remove it", I get this warning box. I colse out all that is open, try again and still get this box up. So I restart my PC and when back up I click "Safely Remove" and it allows me to remove it...
  6. why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I always get this Error about Ejecting Storage Device?: Everytime I use my Flash Drive/Storage Device and then select the icon "Safely Remove it", I get this warning box. I colse out all that is open, try again and still get this box up. So I restart my PC and when back up I click "Safely Remove" and it allows me to remove it...
  7. Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mass Storage Device Not Ejecting: I don't know why this happens, but no matter what I do, nothing works this message always appears to pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mass-storage-device-not-ejecting/0a565c9e-c658-4d33-b561-2f4a84e3910a
  8. Why can't I eject this USB device

Why can't I eject this USB device: Hello, I have a portable external HD that connects via USB. A file was copied over and I tried to eject it by going to the task bar, right click on USB safely remove hardware and eject media but it will not do it. see the image [ATTACH] What other program? How do...
  9. cannot eject usb mass storage device

cannot eject usb mass storage device: Hi, I am using windows 10 in a dell desktop. I cannot eject usb mass storage device. With all programs closed I am told "this device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device. with everything closed this still comes up. How can I...
  10. Why is Windows ALWAYS unable to eject my device on first try?

Why is Windows ALWAYS unable to eject my device on first try?: I use a USB stick to synchronize my data between two laptops. Before removing I always try to be a nice guy and I properly "Eject" the device by right-clicking the task manager icon and selecting the stick. But why do I EACH and EVERY time get the message that Windows is...