Windows 10: Why do I continuously need to restart my computer to repair my headphones?

Discus and support Why do I continuously need to restart my computer to repair my headphones? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have read the post from other individuals that seem to be having the same issue, but with various types of headphones, so needless to say it is NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bullspen, Apr 3, 2021.

1. bullspen Win User

Why do I continuously need to restart my computer to repair my headphones?

I have read the post from other individuals that seem to be having the same issue, but with various types of headphones, so needless to say it is NOT our equipment that has the problem. It appears to be Windows 10 that has the problem, and Microsoft needs to figure out a way to rectify the problem instead of having all the Reps. read from a generic response manual. I have 2 different types of headsets and both have the same problem; they are paired when I log off and when I log back on, they will not reconnect on their own like they use. I try to reconnect them, and they will NOT reconnect, I have tried every single thing that has been recommended, but the only thing that works, is restarting my computer all over again. Is anyone at Microsoft actually a real technician and knows how to fix the problem?

:)

bullspen, Apr 3, 2021

2. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Apr 3, 2021
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Why do I continuously need to restart my computer to repair my headphones? :confused:*Mad Why do I continuously need to restart my computer to repair my headphones? :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Why do I continuously need to restart my computer to repair my headphones?

Compute continually restarting

Hi Derek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10 installation.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

Some PCs may need up to 24 hours to download Windows 10, depending on the quality of the internet connection.

Tip - If your Windows 10 download is taking too long, try disconnecting any USB devices and extended display cables that may be connected.

Method 1

I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Automatic Repair.

Refer to the following link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool"
    in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might
      need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Automatic Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.
    Hope this helps in resolving th

e issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Why do I continuously need to restart my computer to repair my headphones?

1. Why do I continuously need to restart my computer to repair my headphones? - Similar Threads - Why continuously need

2. I have to restart my computer for my headphones to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to restart my computer for my headphones to work: I have an alienware m16. Whenever i try to plug in my headphones they dont work and i have to restart my computer for them to work, they also just stop working even when plugged in....
  3. I have to restart my computer for my headphones to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to restart my computer for my headphones to work: I have an alienware m16. Whenever i try to plug in my headphones they dont work and i have to restart my computer for them to work, they also just stop working even when plugged in....
  4. Why do I need to restart every time I plug in Realtek Audio Headphones

Why do I need to restart every time I plug in Realtek Audio Headphones: Using a currently updated version of Windows 11 on a laptop I need to restart every time I plug in the headphones even if I unplug them and plug them back in within a couple minutes. When plugged in the troubleshooter says "The device does not appear to be plugged in". All is...
  5. Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet?: For about a year now when I sign in or wake my pc up, I have to restart it in order to connect to the internet at all. It reads "connected no internet". Then I restart and it works fine, until it does it again. Sometimes its that day, sometimes its the next. Both wi-fi and...
  6. Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet?

Why do I need to restart my pc to connect to the internet?: For about a year now when I sign in or wake my pc up, I have to restart it in order to connect to the internet at all. It reads "connected no internet". Then I restart and it works fine, until it does it again. Sometimes its that day, sometimes its the next. Both wi-fi and...
  7. Why my computer restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why my computer restart?: Hi All, Why my computer restart? Here are the logs. Thanks very much! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-restart/8232f2b8-3d0f-4acb-9a5f-277233ced66c
  8. Computer Continues to Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Continues to Restart: My laptop will not go into Safe Mode and keeps giving errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-continues-to-restart/3568d217-6832-46e2-9b01-c7b3f46dd6ac
  9. My computer needs to go in for repair before sending it what do i need to do?

My computer needs to go in for repair before sending it what do i need to do?: Hi everyone, my computer is going in for repair (it needs a new hard drive) and I have been asked to remove my password from the main screen how do I do this without deleting my Microsoft account? I have backed up all important data and removed some programmes but I am...
  10. Why was my computer restarted?

Why was my computer restarted?: Greetings, When I got back to my laptop I noticed that it was restarted. How can I tell if this was due to Windows Update? Is there something I can check in Event Log? Thanks, Shane....