Windows 10: Why do I get a recommendation from the Windows Store when I type python?

Discus and support Why do I get a recommendation from the Windows Store when I type python? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello! I already have aPython 3.8 installation and Path has a link to its folder. But when I open a command line window and type in python, I get a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Erhy, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Erhy Win User

Why do I get a recommendation from the Windows Store when I type python?

Hello!

I already have aPython 3.8 installation and Path has a link to its folder.

But when I open a command line window and type in python,
    I get a recommendation from the Windows Store to install Python 3.8.

I searched for another with
    dir / s Python. *
    But I can't find any other files that could be started by typing "python".

How can I get Python to start it with "python"?

Thank You for advice
    Erhy

:)

2. Erhy Win User

Why I get a recommendation from Windows Store if I type python?

Hello!
    I have a installation of Python 3.8 and Path has a link to its folder.

But if I open a command line Window and type python,
    I get a recommendation from Windows Store to install Python 3.8 .

I cannot find any other files which could be started, using
    dir /s python.*

Thank you for tips

with Win10 Prof 2004

3. Typing “python” on Windows 10 (version 1903) command prompt opens Microsoft store

This is strange issue I have observed. I installed Active Python 2.7 on Windows 10 (version 1903).

On typing “python” from search, opens the Python 2.7 prompt but when I type from command prompt window, it triggers the Microsoft Store.

Don't know how to fix it and this never happened on previous versions of Windows (RS5, RS4…)

Edit 2: Please suggest the solution to turn this off: either via command prompt or using answer file to get this after unattended installation.

Ac3_DeXt3R, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Why do I get a recommendation from the Windows Store when I type python?

Windows Store sign in issue

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.

• Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Why do I get a recommendation from the Windows Store when I type python?

1. Why do I get a recommendation from the Windows Store when I type python? - Similar Threads - Why recommendation Store

2. when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?: when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-type-i-get-how-do-i-fix-it/4e0223e6-b5cb-48db-a40a-aad3ad371e7a
  3. when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?: when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-type-i-get-how-do-i-fix-it/4e0223e6-b5cb-48db-a40a-aad3ad371e7a
  4. when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why do I get this Bar when i search on my Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I get this Bar when i search on my Windows?: I wan't to remove the top portion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-this-bar-when-i-search-on-my-windows/877e0cef-882d-4870-a7a0-d77bb209f6b3
  6. Why do I get this Bar when i search on my Windows?

Why do I get this Bar when i search on my Windows?: I wan't to remove the top portion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-get-this-bar-when-i-search-on-my-windows/877e0cef-882d-4870-a7a0-d77bb209f6b3
  7. why when loading an aapp from google or microsoft stores do I get a window that tells me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why when loading an aapp from google or microsoft stores do I get a window that tells me...: I'm trying to install Logitech options to use a wireless mouse on an Acer laptop and I get the above. It does it for others as well. Microsoft only wants people to use the Microsoft store!...
  8. why when loading an aapp from google or microsoft stores do I get a window that tells me...

why when loading an aapp from google or microsoft stores do I get a window that tells me...: I'm trying to install Logitech options to use a wireless mouse on an Acer laptop and I get the above. It does it for others as well. Microsoft only wants people to use the Microsoft store!...
  9. Why I can't install autopy-python?????????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why I can't install autopy-python?????????: I search in google but I can't fix it. I think windows community can help for this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-install-autopy-python/c9c6b615-e160-4b5a-bb2c-4be8135c4d8f
  10. Why I get a recommendation from Windows Store if I type python?

Why I get a recommendation from Windows Store if I type python?: Hello! I have a installation of Python 3.8 and Path has a link to its folder. But if I open a command line Window and type python, I get a recommendation from Windows Store to install Python 3.8 . I cannot find any other files which could be started, using dir /s python.*...