Windows 10: Why do i get a security warning when i copy a file

Discus and support Why do i get a security warning when i copy a file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why do I get a security warning every time I copy a file to a new location?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DennisLawrence3, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Why do i get a security warning when i copy a file

Why do I get a security warning every time I copy a file to a new location?

:)

DennisLawrence3, Mar 21, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 21, 2019
  4. CarlCarey Win User

Why do i get a security warning when i copy a file

File Download security warning

If it's a desktop shortcut your getting the security warning from, try this. I just did this on all my shortcuts that were causing the warning to pop up and it works. R click on the shortcut, click 'PROPERTIES' , Click 'GENERAL' , at the bottom of the
    box where it lists 'SECURITY : This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer, " check mark"the 'UNBLOCK' box, click APPLY, and OK.

CarlCarey, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Why do i get a security warning when i copy a file

1. Why do i get a security warning when i copy a file - Similar Threads - Why security warning

2. Why do I sporadically get Security Warning when opening amazon.com on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I sporadically get Security Warning when opening amazon.com on Windows 11?: Why do I sporadically get Security Warning when opening amazon.com on Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-sporadically-get-security-warning-when/d00dc14e-4e86-4743-b869-0ad5603cd46d
  3. Why do I sporadically get Security Warning when opening amazon.com on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I sporadically get Security Warning when opening amazon.com on Windows 11?: Why do I sporadically get Security Warning when opening amazon.com on Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-sporadically-get-security-warning-when/d00dc14e-4e86-4743-b869-0ad5603cd46d
  4. Why am I getting warnings of being infected?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I getting warnings of being infected?: The warnings are coming through Focus assist and they are coming from Mcafee. I do not use Mcafee. I have had Windows Defender and Malware for years now. Every morning I get a scan and this morning it said I was Secure. Just in case I am doing a Full Scan. I just keep Xing...
  5. Why when I try to search for Web Security from Windows Security do I get this message?: you...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why when I try to search for Web Security from Windows Security do I get this message?: you...: Why when I try to search for Web Security from Windows Security do I get this message?: you will need another app to open this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-try-to-search-for-web-security-from/4ee2fa98-7eb2-40ef-a56c-170a0b1f6a6f
  6. When you open a file there's a "security warning". I always uncheck/disable this, but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When you open a file there's a "security warning". I always uncheck/disable this, but it...: When you open a file there's a "security warning". I always uncheck/disable this, but it keeps doing that every time. Is this unchecking per app/company? How do you do a global uncheck/disable of this? Thanks! submitted by /u/happypuppy100 [link] [comments]...
  7. How do I disable Open File - security warnings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Open File - security warnings?: I want to disable security warnings when I open new files I download. I already know if I go to internet options in the control panel and change the security settings for different "zones", I can do that, but for some reason setting a custom level for these zones is greyed...
  8. Why am I getting a "Activate Windows" warning?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why am I getting a "Activate Windows" warning?: I recently had a local disaster at my place of residence. A pipe decided to fail and flooded almost the entire living area and forced me into a temporary residence. Fortunately, I'm able to save my equipment and bring it with me. However, I am now receiving Windows activation...
  9. Why am I getting a "Active Windows" warning?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I getting a "Active Windows" warning?: I recently had a local disaster at my place of residence. A pipe decided to fail and flooded almost the entire living area and forced me into a temporary residence. Fortunately, I'm able to save my equipment and bring it with me. However, I am now receiving Windows activation...
  10. Getting this security warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting this security warning: As of today 9/10/16 when i open Edge Browser I get this warning: [img] I have done a full system scan with Avira and Malwarebytes which found no threats, It comes up with a beeping sound and i have to click backwards to get back to my home page. I ran Spybot S&D and it...