Windows 10: Why do I get low FPS while playing Overwatch?

Discus and support Why do I get low FPS while playing Overwatch? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently fallen in love with Overwatch for the first time, from the first match I knew it was true love... However, my computer does not seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JordanLackey, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Why do I get low FPS while playing Overwatch?

I have recently fallen in love with Overwatch for the first time, from the first match I knew it was true love...

However, my computer does not seem to share the same love that I have for the game.

All the other games that I play, I can run at either high or even ultra settings. I can run Black Ops 2, and Battlefield 4 on high settings with absolutely no problems. But for some reason I get an average of 24 FPS while playing Overwatch on the lowest settings.

I have the stock Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop with the AMD FX-9830 Radeon R7 processor.

Also, something odd I have noticed is that when I am playing, the fan doesnt go absolutely crazy like it does when Im playing other games, so it doesnt seem like it is pushing my computer too hard. Even looking at the processes in the task manager, Overwatch is only taking up around 35% of the CPU while mid-game.

I am not the smartest when it comes to computers, so there may be something that I am just missing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

JordanLackey, Jan 24, 2019

2. Why do I get low FPS while playing Overwatch?

I have recently fallen in love with Overwatch for the first time, from the first match I knew it was true love...

However, my computer does not seem to share the same love that I have for the game.

All the other games that I play, I can run at either high or even ultra settings. I can run Black Ops 2, and Battlefield 4 on high settings with absolutely no problems. But for some reason I get an average of 24 FPS while playing Overwatch on the lowest
    settings.

I have the stock Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop with the AMD FX-9830 Radeon R7 processor.

Also, something odd I have noticed is that when I am playing, the fan doesnt go absolutely crazy like it does when Im playing other games, so it doesnt seem like it is pushing my computer too hard. Even looking at the processes in the task manager, Overwatch
    is only taking up around 35% of the CPU while mid-game.

I am not the smartest when it comes to computers, so there may be something that I am just missing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JordanLackey, Dec 16, 2019
  3. xXTBTNXx Win User
    Low FPS on a Good PC

Thanks for the help!

I have a 144hz HP OMEN monitor and I'm getting only 30 to 60 fps on Sonic Generations and 15 fps in Minecraft with Shaders. Many people claim they can play Overwatch at Ultra and get high fps with my specs but I can barely use medium settings. I have no
    idea why and I have updated my drivers aswell.

xXTBTNXx, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Why do I get low FPS while playing Overwatch?

screen flikkering and low fps when playing fullscreen games

Hi Malik,

An outdated graphics card is one of the possible reasons why you are getting low FPS when playing games on your Windows 10 device. To resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected games?

Meanwhile, I recommend that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Also, I suggest that you update your graphics card. To make sure that you have the latest graphics card, it would be best to get in touch with your computer manufacturer.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Why do I get low FPS while playing Overwatch?

1. Why do I get low FPS while playing Overwatch? - Similar Threads - Why low FPS

2. Game getting low FPS with low ussage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game getting low FPS with low ussage: I usually get 60+ FPS, but for some reason I'm getting below 15 FPS. This always happens at the most random times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-getting-low-fps-with-low-ussage/23254b34-32fe-43e4-9119-298a631e681c
  3. Game getting low FPS with low ussage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game getting low FPS with low ussage: I usually get 60+ FPS, but for some reason I'm getting below 15 FPS. This always happens at the most random times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-getting-low-fps-with-low-ussage/23254b34-32fe-43e4-9119-298a631e681c
  4. Why i get low fps on high end pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i get low fps on high end pc?: Hi, im new here, I'd like to ask a question about a problem I've encountered in minecraft bedrock.The problem envolves the framerate, if i put every "Video" setting to low, like the chunks rendered, anti aliasing to the minimum, disable fancy graphics and all the other stuff...
  5. Why i get low fps on high end pc?

Why i get low fps on high end pc?: Hi, im new here, I'd like to ask a question about a problem I've encountered in minecraft bedrock.The problem envolves the framerate, if i put every "Video" setting to low, like the chunks rendered, anti aliasing to the minimum, disable fancy graphics and all the other stuff...
  6. Why do I get 1 FPS??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I get 1 FPS??: Ok, so when I go to play roblox, or use discord and google, sometimes it will drop down to 1 FPS. I've looked at many articles, tried many things, but nothing worked. The only thing I didn't try is factory resetting my computer, and I do think it will solve my problems. It...
  7. Why do I get 1 FPS??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I get 1 FPS??: Ok, so when I go to play roblox, or use discord and google, sometimes it will drop down to 1 FPS. I've looked at many articles, tried many things, but nothing worked. The only thing I didn't try is factory resetting my computer, and I do think it will solve my problems. It...
  8. Why do I get 1 FPS??

9. Low memory issues when playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low memory issues when playing Overwatch: Hi, This issue has occurred whenever I play Overwatch. It can occur when I have only played for 10 minutes or it may not appear until after many hours of playing. I have 8GB of RAM and the most I have seen Overwatch use via task manager is 2GB. I usually have at least...
  10. Sometimes i get low fps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes i get low fps.: So as the title says, sometimes I get low fps. Like the game is running fine (30fps) and bam! 20 fps and lower and i dont know whats causing it. I tried multiple games and its all the same. Drivers are updated. I have laptop with nvidia 740m, i7-4702mq and almost 12 gb of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i get low fps on overwatch

2. only getting 10 fps in overwatch

3. why am i suddenly getting less fps in overwatch

4. windows 10 overwatch low fps,
  5. overwatch is playing ast 4 fps,
  6. why i have law fps in overwatvh,
  7. overwatch suddenly running at less than 60 fps,
  8. why am i getting low fps on overwatch,
  9. when playing a game why do I get an I?,
  10. why do i have fps drops overwatch 2019,
  11. why do i get low tmp in overwatch,