Windows 10: why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect

Discus and support why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect almost all the time[ATTACH][ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TIMMY 067, Dec 30, 2019.

1. TIMMY 067 Win User

why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect

why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect almost all the time why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect 0296f8a8-045f-4995-b6db-5ee2c5c54189?upload=true.png why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect a785f21d-24a3-43e8-abe9-e01c124fa66c?upload=true.png

:)

TIMMY 067, Dec 30, 2019

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 6, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 6, 2020
  4. why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect

Laptop takes too long time to reboot to desktop on Windows 10

Hi David,

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with booting the laptop to desktop as it is taking long time. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your laptop?
    • What is the current version Windows 10 installed on your laptop?

This issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings to startup the device. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if
    Fast Startup
    option on your device is enabled.

Fast startup is a new feature in Windows to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system
    information) to hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC.

Steps:

• Press Windows +
      X
      key and click Control Panel.
    • Click on Power options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable. If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      Yes.
    • Make sure Turn on fast startup (Recommended)
      option is Enabled/ check marked under shutdown settings.
    • If not, check mark it and click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Step 2: Run the Power Troubleshooter

Power troubleshooter find and fix problems with your computer's power settings to conserve power and extent battery life

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search bar on the desktop and press Enter.

• In the Troubleshooting window, click on
      View All on the left pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click on Advanced and then click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps you to boot the system faster. Let us know for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect

1. why do i have 2 desktops also why does my system take so long all the time to connect - Similar Threads - why desktops why

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does my pc take so long to startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc take so long to startup?: After the windows 11 update on June 13th, my PC has taken an hour to startup. Every time I turn it on, I am greeted by what appears to be an empty console page with a glowing white underline. After that, I have to wait for the Msi logo to show up and it sits there without a...
  6. Why does my pc take so long to startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc take so long to startup?: After the windows 11 update on June 13th, my PC has taken an hour to startup. Every time I turn it on, I am greeted by what appears to be an empty console page with a glowing white underline. After that, I have to wait for the Msi logo to show up and it sits there without a...
  7. Why does windows update take so long?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does windows update take so long?: I have a Desktop computer, and on its Hard Drives, I have 3 Operating Sytems, 2 of them are Linux-based and Windows 10 is the third. Today I was on Windows to do a ZOOM meeting, and because Windows is not my daily OS, I went to shut windows and it said it had an update. so I...
  8. Why does it take so long to update?

Why does it take so long to update?: I started a Windows update yesterday around 10:00 am Sunday. Let it run till this morning at 7:00 am and it said 3% last night when I went to bed and again 3% when I turned my laptop off. Why so long to update? I could see an hour or so but not close to 24 hours. Is...
  9. Why does install an update take so long

Why does install an update take so long: On my HP running Windows 10 1903 said I had to restart. I did now it is telling me not to turn off since it is working on updates. It has been at 19% for 1 hours. What is going on? I am on metering wifi and told it not to update. It changes things on its own. I didn't...
  10. Why does startup take so long?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does startup take so long?: After I turned on my computer I finally saw the clock, after I saw my name and "welcome" without having to actually sign in. But I couldn't do anything for ten minutes. Not even turn off the speaker. Not even get anything to happen by clicking on the start button. Spotify...