Windows 10: Why do I have 2 draft folders in Windows 10 mail?

Discus and support Why do I have 2 draft folders in Windows 10 mail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, I noticed today that I have 2 draft folders in my Windows 10 mail app. Correction: I have 1 folder named "draft" while the other folder is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark D 2659, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Why do I have 2 draft folders in Windows 10 mail?

Greetings,

I noticed today that I have 2 draft folders in my Windows 10 mail app. Correction: I have 1 folder named "draft" while the other folder is named "drafts" (see screen shot below). I have all my devices (including the Windows 10 mail app) set up for IMAP folders for my AT&T email account (hosted by Yahoo). Whenever I start a message but don't complete it, the message goes into the DRAFTS folder - as it does on all my other devices. Nothing is in or ever has been in the DRAFT (without the 'S') folder. So today I tried to delete the DRAFT folder and got the message that the folder could not be deleted. No further information was offered other than the "DISMISS" button within the window containing the error message.

I logged onto my AT&T web interface and the DRAFT folder is NOT there. Neither is it on my Android 8.0 mail app. The only place this DRAFT folder seems to exist is within the Windows 10 mail app on my desktop.

Can anyone help me make heads or tails of this strange problem?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Why do I have 2 draft folders in Windows 10 mail? 5926946c-fbe7-407f-bd53-a283ccef9b44?upload=true.png

:)

Mark D 2659, Jul 2, 2019
  2. JTBurnett Win User

Mail app issues - whenever I click on Drafts folders to delete the draft Windows 10 Mail App closes.

@JT

So the answer is ridiculously simple. If anyone else also stumbles across this, this worked at least for me.

• Create a new email to yourself but don't send it! This will then show as another saved draft in that Draft Folder, but it'll be an uncorrupted one, or whatever is the problem with the other draft that's undeletable and causing the Mail
      App to crash.
    • Close the Mail App and go get a cup of coffee.
    • Open the Mail App again. Click on the Draft Folder, and now that it contains a
      good draft in it also, the folder will stay open and not crash. Simply right click on the offending draft and select delete.
    Since it's incomprehensible to assume that the original poster could
    even possibly solve his/her own problem, could a Moderator mark this as solved and as the solution?

JTBurnett, Jul 2, 2019
  3. sent mail goes to drafts folder in mail for windows 10

sent mail in windows 10 goes to drafts folder.

ScottBarraclough, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Why do I have 2 draft folders in Windows 10 mail?

Draft Folder Alignment in Mail app Windows 10.

Original Title: Draft Folder Alignment

I configured a mail file through Microsoft mail through IMAP and it created a new DRAFT folder so that my drafts don't sync to the IMAP draft folder used by the browser mail client and iPhone mail client. Is there a way to map the correct IMAP folder
    in Microsoft Mail or does the application not consider this a valid folder for IMAP sync.

BrianKroll, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Why do I have 2 draft folders in Windows 10 mail?

1. Why do I have 2 draft folders in Windows 10 mail? - Similar Threads - Why draft folders

2. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  3. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  4. Why do I have 2 'Documents' folders in my File Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have 2 'Documents' folders in my File Explorer ?: Hi, Why do I have 2 'Documents' folders in my File Explorer ? https://imgur.com/M2snYEkOne is going to: > xxx - Personal > Documentsbut in reality it is: C:\Users\chris\OneDrive\Documentshttps://imgur.com/a/wpURfioand the other one is going to: > xxx - Personal > Desktop >...
  5. how do I send a email i have saved as a draft in windows 10

how do I send a email i have saved as a draft in windows 10: i wrot email and saved them as drafts. When i tried to send them I could not. It did not save the address only the message. When I tried to send them it gave me an error message. Howq do I do this?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail Client Drafts: A few weeks ago I ran into a problem where I would write an email from my Gmail account using the Windows 10 Mail client, press send and it would disappear. It was not sent (tested by sending to another personal account) and not stored in the Sent folder. I solved it by...
  7. Why do I have two Draft Folders - Windows 10 Mail

Why do I have two Draft Folders - Windows 10 Mail: Why do I have two Draft Folders in my Windows 10 Mail (Gmail account). Neither can be deleted because "Drafts" is a default folder. [ATTACH]...
  8. Two Draft Folders In Windows Mail Application.

Two Draft Folders In Windows Mail Application.: Greetings, I noticed today that I have 2 draft folders in my Windows 10 mail app. Correction: I have 1 folder named "draft" while the other folder is named "drafts" (see screen shot below). I have all my devices (including the Windows 10 mail app) set up for IMAP folders...
  9. Windows Mail doesn't show Sent, Draft or Spam folders.

Windows Mail doesn't show Sent, Draft or Spam folders.: The statement here https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-do-i-add-or-remove-folders-in-mail-for-windows-10-e30d69e1-16fd-45d1-b339-8a2a4db73ffe#bk_ts that "You'll see Inbox, Drafts, and Sent at a minimum and may see additional folders such as Archive and or Junk."...
  10. No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail

No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail: I sent feedback to MS about this 6 months ago. At that time, Mail had just received an update. After that update the Drafts folder was gone. If I start writing an email and click to somewhere else in the app, that email is gone. There is no way to get back to it. Since that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i have 2 draft folders

2. why do i have 2 draft mail folders