Windows 10: Why do I have 2 user profiles on my laptop?

Discus and support Why do I have 2 user profiles on my laptop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I noticed that I have 2 user profiles on my laptop. Why? Is this some kind of virus or malware? I have Microsoft Defender Antivirus working... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John and Sandy., Feb 3, 2021.

1. Why do I have 2 user profiles on my laptop?

I noticed that I have 2 user profiles on my laptop. Why? Is this some kind of virus or malware? I have Microsoft Defender Antivirus working

Why do I have 2 user profiles on my laptop? 0c2e9d1a-9320-434c-8e45-d3196ccdf108?upload=true.jpg

:)

John and Sandy., Feb 3, 2021
  2. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

v444, Feb 3, 2021
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Why do I have 2 user profiles on my laptop?

User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Why do I have 2 user profiles on my laptop?

1. Why do I have 2 user profiles on my laptop? - Similar Threads - Why user profiles

2. why do I have 2 sign ins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do I have 2 sign ins: Hi,I have 2 sign ins. ! has my billing on it, the one ending onmicrosoft.com and the other tells me to sign up to 365 which just shows my email address. Also I don't have the planner app that I've just found out about. I am unable to upload my screen shot....
  3. why do I have 2 sign ins

in Windows 10 Customization
    why do I have 2 sign ins: Hi,I have 2 sign ins. ! has my billing on it, the one ending onmicrosoft.com and the other tells me to sign up to 365 which just shows my email address. Also I don't have the planner app that I've just found out about. I am unable to upload my screen shot....
  4. Why do I have two users in Users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  5. Why do I have two users in Users?

Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  6. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  7. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  8. Why Do I Have An Enterprise In My Users Default?...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Do I Have An Enterprise In My Users Default?...: In System Explorer I have found Cortana and Xbox running when they are off. I've noticed in certain areas of my computer it thinks I'm an Enterprise and I am not. This is one of the examples of that. I'm looking for how to find who is accessing this remotely since it was...
  9. Why do I have 2 duplicate User names andhow to merge them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have 2 duplicate User names andhow to merge them?: under Windows C drive/Users/ my original user name was ymceb. In the past several weeks I notices that I now work under a new user - ymceb_I2x3jf1. This directory has the same sub-directories of my original user name, but the total number of files is lower then the original...
  10. I have deleted 2 users that no longer use this computer but their profiles are still...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have deleted 2 users that no longer use this computer but their profiles are still...: I have deleted 2 users that no longer use this computer but their profiles are still showing still taking up storage, how do I resolve this please? Thanks...