Windows 10: Why do I have 3 keyboards options when I have only selected 2 of them? And why is windows...

Discus and support Why do I have 3 keyboards options when I have only selected 2 of them? And why is windows... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have selected only English and Spanish as my default keyboards. But it is displaying a third one saying Spanish German, and not only that, sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mauricio BM, May 24, 2024.

1. Why do I have 3 keyboards options when I have only selected 2 of them? And why is windows...

I have selected only English and Spanish as my default keyboards. But it is displaying a third one saying Spanish German, and not only that, sometimes it is switching to it automatically for no reason. How can I fix this? I removed it once, but it came back by itself. It's not a big deal but it is kind of annoying.

:)

Mauricio BM, May 24, 2024
  2. Pavan_N Win User

No keyboard, no mouse 3 days after updating to Win10

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• Are you able to boot to desktop?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you able to use the external keyboard and mouse?

If yes follow the Methods below.

Method 1: Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix to enhance the performance of the system.
    I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooter to complete.
    • Check for the errors displayed , close the troubleshooter window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, update the device driver from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Window logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager
      from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboard option to update keyboard drivers and
      Mice and other pointing devices
      for mouse drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update this software option from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, check if the changes are effective.

Method 3: If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible Keyboard and mouse device drivers for Windows 10 operating system form the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue
    is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 24, 2024
  3. backlit keyboard option missing

Hi Mick,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to uninstall keyboard drivers and install it in the compatibility mode.

Follow the below steps.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Keyboard and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on
      install.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode refer the below link.

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/419231

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with more information regarding this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 24, 2024
  4. Why do I have 3 keyboards options when I have only selected 2 of them? And why is windows...

PS/2 keyboard not working

I thank you for your quick response. I have tried all methods suggested by you but none was helpful. Anyway thank you very much.

SanjayDalal, May 24, 2024
Thema:

Why do I have 3 keyboards options when I have only selected 2 of them? And why is windows...

1. Why do I have 3 keyboards options when I have only selected 2 of them? And why is windows... - Similar Threads - Why keyboards options

2. Why do I have 3 keyboards options when I have only selected 2 of them? And why is windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have 3 keyboards options when I have only selected 2 of them? And why is windows...: I have selected only English and Spanish as my default keyboards. But it is displaying a third one saying Spanish German, and not only that, sometimes it is switching to it automatically for no reason. How can I fix this? I removed it once, but it came back by itself. It's...
  3. Why do I have 2 boot option in the boot manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have 2 boot option in the boot manager?: Recently my laptop had an issue and its still recurring. When I boot up it says "preparing automatic repair" and after its done I click continue to windows 10, it reboots again back to "preparing automatic repair". So I'm somewhat stuck in that loop.I've tried almost every...
  4. Why do I have 2 boot option in the boot manager?

Why do I have 2 boot option in the boot manager?: Recently my laptop had an issue and its still recurring. When I boot up it says "preparing automatic repair" and after its done I click continue to windows 10, it reboots again back to "preparing automatic repair". So I'm somewhat stuck in that loop.I've tried almost every...
  5. Why do I have 2 boot option in the boot manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Why i have 3 keyboard languages while my setting only have 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i have 3 keyboard languages while my setting only have 2: Why I have 3 keyboard languages while my setting only have 2.Below are the setting and option that I have currently.Language option.Language Setting...
  7. Why i have 3 keyboard languages while my setting only have 2

Why i have 3 keyboard languages while my setting only have 2: Why I have 3 keyboard languages while my setting only have 2.Below are the setting and option that I have currently.Language option.Language Setting...
  8. Why do I have 3 keyboard options when there's only two languages installed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I have 3 keyboard options when there's only two languages installed?: I have a similar problem as it was described here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-3-keyboard-options-when-theres-only/bdb06645-af82-44b9-a40d-bfe0f098457b But the provided solution doesn't help at all. And adding and deleting this language...
  9. Two Accounts why do I have them?

Two Accounts why do I have them?: I have two diffent accounts why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-accounts-why-do-i-have-them/379fb5ef-0ff1-4629-b584-5efc2eef6b5f
  10. Why do I have 3 keyboard options when there's only two languages installed?

Why do I have 3 keyboard options when there's only two languages installed?: I've installed a US keyboard, as well as the Microsoft IME, but windows is showing I have three options for keyboards. I've attached a picture below. [ATTACH] I checked the language menu, and it still shows that I have only two languages installed, and when I drill down...