Windows 10: Why do I have 3 user accounts?

Discus and support Why do I have 3 user accounts? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why do I have 3 user accounts? I don't recall deliberately setting them up and the 2 excess ones are taking up valuable SSD room. Can I just delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wolfie1038, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Why do I have 3 user accounts?

Why do I have 3 user accounts? I don't recall deliberately setting them up and the 2 excess ones are taking up valuable SSD room. Can I just delete the two with the numbers (2 & 3) and keep the main one with no number at the end? Will I lose anything? I don't know how they got there and if they are even being used since I am the only person on the computer. Suggestions would be a great help because I don't want to mess things up.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Wolfie1038, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Why do I have 3 user accounts?

Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Why do I have 3 user accounts?

1. Why do I have 3 user accounts? - Similar Threads - Why user accounts

2. why do I have a user named monas?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why do I have a user named monas?: Is it due to a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-a-user-named-monas/f5725f1e-19cc-4335-ab34-a8b3a86dabd6
  3. why do I have a user named monas?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have a user named monas?: Is it due to a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-a-user-named-monas/f5725f1e-19cc-4335-ab34-a8b3a86dabd6
  4. why do I have a user named monas?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do I have two users in Users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  6. Why do I have two users in Users?

Why do I have two users in Users?: Hello,I have a brand new laptop and installed windows 11 on it. I need to use InteliJ IDEA on the laptop but the program does not work properly as it stores some of its component in the first user. I have been trying to solve the problem but was not able to solve.If there is...
  7. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  8. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  9. Two Accounts why do I have them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Accounts why do I have them?: I have two diffent accounts why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-accounts-why-do-i-have-them/379fb5ef-0ff1-4629-b584-5efc2eef6b5f
  10. Why do I have a second user-account folder outside of \user\?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why do I have a second user-account folder outside of \user\?: My windows 10 user name is "stan". There is a folder under the folder \user\ named \stan\. And there is a folder \stan\ at the same level as \user\. Both \stan\s contain exactly the same sub-folders and files. File Explorer shows the locations on the C: drive: \stan\...