Windows 10: why do i have 3 windows files in a file called RedistList and why is one the same as...

Discus and support why do i have 3 windows files in a file called RedistList and why is one the same as... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ok if x86 files are ok, and RedistList is windows related, is having the same file in there twice but one has _extended but one is the original ok too?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eviedog11, Jun 16, 2020.

1. eviedog11 Win User

why do i have 3 windows files in a file called RedistList and why is one the same as...

ok if x86 files are ok, and RedistList is windows related, is having the same file in there twice but one has _extended but one is the original ok too? bare in mind im not a coder so i dont understand any of this.

:)

eviedog11, Jun 16, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Jun 16, 2020
  4. dark2099 Win User

why do i have 3 windows files in a file called RedistList and why is one the same as...

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. why do i have 3 windows files in a file called RedistList and why is one the same as... - Similar Threads - why files file

2. Why do I have 24 windows.edb files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have 24 windows.edb files?: Why do I have 24 windows.edb files all the same size, totaling 11GB+?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdtC9SQcS3x_6Xg3QvDIGortGOpbdwiR/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-24-windowsedb-files/ed41b07b-1f78-4025-813c-1696bb51796b
  3. Why do I have 24 windows.edb files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have 24 windows.edb files?: Why do I have 24 windows.edb files all the same size, totaling 11GB+?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdtC9SQcS3x_6Xg3QvDIGortGOpbdwiR/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-24-windowsedb-files/ed41b07b-1f78-4025-813c-1696bb51796b
  4. Why is my files called onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my files called onedrive: So I recently made a factory reset after getting my pc infected with a virus.When I checked a folder it was called "C:\Users\Arvid\OneDrive\Bilder\Saved Pictures" and I've heard viruses can spread through onedrives and I'm worried that the virus might've followed me through...
  5. Why is my files called onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my files called onedrive: So I recently made a factory reset after getting my pc infected with a virus.When I checked a folder it was called "C:\Users\Arvid\OneDrive\Bilder\Saved Pictures" and I've heard viruses can spread through onedrives and I'm worried that the virus might've followed me through...
  6. Why is my files called onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why is One Drive Deleting files that I have saved for years. Occasionally I do use this file.

Why is One Drive Deleting files that I have saved for years. Occasionally I do use this file.: I see many people are having the same problem. I am loosing patience with Windows and Microsoft. They need to get out of politics and concentrate on their customers or they will loose them....
  8. I messed around with some x86 files and now I have a new file called RedistList. should i...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I messed around with some x86 files and now I have a new file called RedistList. should i...: so i was checking through some files and i saw this one called x86. i looked in it and eventually it opened with some lines of code. im not a coder, but i decided to take a picture and send it to my friends to pretend i could code. it was a funny joke, but then none of my...
  9. why do files have to have different names?

why do files have to have different names?: i always wondered this: why files cant have the same name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-files-have-to-have-different-names/59a5d583-5b8f-4b48-b7a4-79e1e5734865"
  10. Why do I have 3 user accounts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I have 3 user accounts?: Why do I have 3 user accounts? I don't recall deliberately setting them up and the 2 excess ones are taking up valuable SSD room. Can I just delete the two with the numbers (2 & 3) and keep the main one with no number at the end? Will I lose anything? I don't know how they...