Windows 10: why do i have a threat on my pc that says Severe and i can't find what the threat is?

Discus and support why do i have a threat on my pc that says Severe and i can't find what the threat is? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Im starting to get concerned that an unknown threat is on my pc and i dont even know how to find out what it is? or even, what is causing the threat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Isaac13KD, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Isaac13KD Win User

why do i have a threat on my pc that says Severe and i can't find what the threat is?

Im starting to get concerned that an unknown threat is on my pc and i dont even know how to find out what it is? or even, what is causing the threat itself can someone tell me what to do? plus my pc said it scanned itself and it says it has one threat that it found sooooooo i need to know what i should do.

:)

Isaac13KD, Jun 13, 2024
  2. T42(2) Win User

Received Severe Threat on laptop-Trojan:JS/Obfus.A (Active)

I received this threat that shows up on my Windows Security and ran all the scans but they keep coming up clean, yet the threat is still there and tells me to take action! I completed the Quickscan, Full Scan, and even did the Windows Defenders Offline
    Scan but the threat says it is still there. Any suggestions? Do I ignore it and believe the scans or take this Severe Threat notification seriously? Thank you; grandmother here, not very tech saavy. Teresa

T42(2), Jun 13, 2024
  3. My virus & threat protection is not showing

I am writing to seek assistance with a problem related to Windows Virus and Threat Protection on my PC. Unfortunately, the feature has become invisible, and I am unable to access it.

Issue Details:

• Operating System: Windows 11
    • Problem: Windows Security (Virus and Threat Protection) is not visible.
    Steps Taken: I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Restarted my PC.
    2. Checked Group Policy settings.
    3. Reset Windows Security app.
    4. Ran SFC and DISM commands.
    However, the issue persists. I kindly request your guidance on resolving this matter. Could you please provide instructions or further steps to restore Windows Virus and Threat Protection?

Sumit Debnath1, Jun 13, 2024
  4. grampam3x Win User

why do i have a threat on my pc that says Severe and i can't find what the threat is?

Defender's removal of severe threats

After thorough scan Defender found severe threats that were quarantined. I see it says these will be periodically removed. How and when are these deleted from my system?

grampam3x, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

1. why do i have a threat on my pc that says Severe and i can't find what the threat is? - Similar Threads - why threat says

2. why do i have a threat on my pc that says Severe and i can't find what the threat is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i have a threat on my pc that says Severe and i can't find what the threat is?: Im starting to get concerned that an unknown threat is on my pc and i dont even know how to find out what it is? or even, what is causing the threat itself can someone tell me what to do? plus my pc said it scanned itself and it says it has one threat that it found sooooooo i...
  3. Severe Threat removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe Threat removal: I did a full scan of my laptop and a Trojan was detected. I selected to have it removed and 40 minutes later it still hasn't completed the task. Is there a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-removal/46aed1f3-cb71-4da2-8281-c85d177ed140
  4. Severe Threat removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Severe Threat removal: I did a full scan of my laptop and a Trojan was detected. I selected to have it removed and 40 minutes later it still hasn't completed the task. Is there a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-removal/46aed1f3-cb71-4da2-8281-c85d177ed140
  5. Why can't I change the status of threats and how do I find information about allowed threats?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't I change the status of threats and how do I find information about allowed threats?: Hello, While creating a local backup via FTP, Defender found several potential files that I automatically quarantined. Subsequently, I restored them. However, their status can no longer be changed. it is also not possible to change the status of the last allowed. I also need...
  6. What is Microsoft Advance Threat Protection and why don’t I have it?

What is Microsoft Advance Threat Protection and why don’t I have it?: Hello I run Windows 10 when i go to Services like the guy in this youtube video at 2:18 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MKjUxnVgpmY, his PC shows Microsoft Advance Threat Protection and mine does not. Why don’t I have it? Did I ever have it? If so what happened to mine?...
  7. Why can't I see my Virus and threat settings?

Why can't I see my Virus and threat settings?: I cannot open my virus and threat protection settings. I can't even seen them in the windows security settings. The option is completely gone. The settings were completely accessible a while ago....
  8. severe threat detected

severe threat detected: I'm getting a severe virus threat that continually is trying to load. Defender cleaned most of them except this one: [ATTACH]What should I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-detected/c98323e0-f01b-4a61-ba62-6a6c9aa3cf48"
  9. Defender finds threats but can't do anything with them

Defender finds threats but can't do anything with them: Defender picked up some dodgy .exe files from one of those linkbucks type websites that got downloaded, it spotted them which is great but now they are stuck in quarantine and I can't delete them, I tell it to remove and it just sits there with the dots flying across and does...
  10. severe threat is windows defender?! What?!

severe threat is windows defender?! What?!: I dont get it is this false positive? [img] 60008