Windows 10: Why do I have an older list of mail contacts that are different fro my Outlook contacts?

Discus and support Why do I have an older list of mail contacts that are different fro my Outlook contacts? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to send photographs from a website to Outlook, why is there a different list of contacts than my Outlook contacts for email?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael Worley, May 17, 2019.

1. Why do I have an older list of mail contacts that are different fro my Outlook contacts?

When I try to send photographs from a website to Outlook, why is there a different list of contacts than my Outlook contacts for email?

:)

Michael Worley, May 17, 2019
  2. crabmann Win User

Win Live Mail lost some contacts

Desktop PC,Win 10,FF primary,IE secondary. I used Outlook mail on my XP laptop and liked it. When I got this PC I could not use Outlook and went to Live Mail. I do not find it to be user friendly like the old Outlook. Today I went to send an email and found about half of my contacts were missing and cant seem to recover them. I would like to download the free Outlook Mail and move my old emails over and create a single contact list that can be edited. Currently I have several different contact lists some of which can be edited and some not. When finished I would like to delete the old lists and Live Mail. Can this be done and how?

crabmann, May 17, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 17, 2019
  4. hlrjack Win User

Why do I have an older list of mail contacts that are different fro my Outlook contacts?

Mail Contacts

When I send an email to one particular contact, two different addresses show. That person is not in my Contacts list nor is it in my Gmail contact list. How do I eliminate the invalid address?

hlrjack, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Why do I have an older list of mail contacts that are different fro my Outlook contacts?

1. Why do I have an older list of mail contacts that are different fro my Outlook contacts? - Similar Threads - Why older list

2. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  3. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  4. Outlook (group) contact vs. iOS contact/mail

Outlook (group) contact vs. iOS contact/mail: Outlook 365/current version iOS/Win10.0.19... Intent: Send a group email from the iPhone using iOS native email client. What I've done: 1. Created 'Test' group in desktop OL contacts containing 3 contacts/emails 2. Open contacts on the phone 3. Click Groups (default the...
  5. Windows 10 Mail Contact list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail Contact list: Contacts list from gmail won't import into Windows 10 Mail. Originally tried from old Windows Live Mail, same result. How do I import bulk Contacts??! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-contact-list/7c00f0c6-dfc8-4496-b798-a3e9a19f4885
  6. How can I copy an existing Outlook contact list to new contact list under a different name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I copy an existing Outlook contact list to new contact list under a different name?: I have a large contact list hundreds of contacts that I want to copy to a 2nd contact list which I can then remove a few contacts and so have two contact lists that are slightly different from each other without having to create the 2nd contact list from scratch. I am using...
  7. Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook: I have recently installed Office365 for my mum on her computer. She previously used the Mail app and I have installed Outlook. However, she is complaining that her contacts are not there. I have downloaded the official contacts from her email system but there are some...
  8. Contact list for Windows 10 mail

Contact list for Windows 10 mail: I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I was using Windows Live Mail with my Windows 7 system but I want to use Windows 10 Mail from now on. I have created an email account under Windows 10 Mail which works. It is an IMAP account. However this account does not...
  9. Contact List

Contact List: I found the "Windows Contact List" in the files. How can I transfer it into "Mail"? Thanks, Tom Krach https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-list/18f114bc-18f7-423f-9fc5-5d131a3eb044"
  10. my contact list suddenly dissappeared in Outlook

my contact list suddenly dissappeared in Outlook: I do not know how my contact list suddenly disappeared. What did I do wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-contact-list-suddenly-dissappeared-in-outlook/037df28e-207e-4a55-b61c-66c70b883bd3"