Windows 10: why do i have arrows above my folder icons

Discus and support why do i have arrows above my folder icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why do i have arrows above my folder icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimMATNZ, Nov 6, 2019.

1. JimMATNZ Win User

why do i have arrows above my folder icons

:)

JimMATNZ, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

Blue Arrows on folder and file icons

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are all the icons showing the arrow or some of them?

• Did you try using a different user account?

• How exactly did you remove compression?
    I suggest you to update the display drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Update

• Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    For further assistance, I request you to send us the screen shot of the icons for s to understand the issue better.

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back you us with the required details so that we can assist you further.

Pawan1709, Nov 6, 2019
  3. tozduman Win User
    Two blue arrows at top right of icons

The files under Desktop folder have same issue. I solved problem using below steps.

• Right click to Desktop folder.
    • Click to Advanced button
    • Unchecked compress contents to save disk spaces. Click Ok, ok and apply
      buttons.

After these steps, arrows should be disappeared and also you can use below command to clear icon cache.

tozduman, Nov 6, 2019
  4. why do i have arrows above my folder icons

How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin why do i have arrows above my folder icons :D

PVTCaboose1337, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. why do i have arrows above my folder icons - Similar Threads - why arrows above

2. Why do I have these folders in my drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have these folders in my drive?: These folders include files just like the ones shown in this screenshot the white colored files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-these-folders-in-my-drive/1a90d267-baa2-4ad0-afc4-78294b7f6a77
  3. Why do I have these folders in my drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have these folders in my drive?: These folders include files just like the ones shown in this screenshot the white colored files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-these-folders-in-my-drive/1a90d267-baa2-4ad0-afc4-78294b7f6a77
  4. Why do I have these folders in my drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do my desktop icons have a "check mark" or arrows in the lower left hand?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my desktop icons have a "check mark" or arrows in the lower left hand?: Why do my desktop icons have a "check mark" or arrows in the lower left hand? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-desktop-icons-have-a-check-mark-or/888475d2-486e-4b94-ac77-e13a6518e834
  6. Why do my desktop icons have a "check mark" or arrows in the lower left hand?

Why do my desktop icons have a "check mark" or arrows in the lower left hand?: Why do my desktop icons have a "check mark" or arrows in the lower left hand? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-desktop-icons-have-a-check-mark-or/888475d2-486e-4b94-ac77-e13a6518e834
  7. Why do I not have the up-arrow icon on my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I not have the up-arrow icon on my Windows 10?: Usually, the standard thing you see on a Windows system is that up-arrow icon that shows all your mini icons. But mine does not, and never has. So, if anyone knows the answer to this issue, please reply.Thanks,GH...
  8. Why do I not have the up-arrow icon on my Windows 10?

Why do I not have the up-arrow icon on my Windows 10?: Usually, the standard thing you see on a Windows system is that up-arrow icon that shows all your mini icons. But mine does not, and never has. So, if anyone knows the answer to this issue, please reply.Thanks,GH...
  9. Why do I not have the up-arrow icon on my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Why do I have this caps lock icon above my taskbar and how to remove it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have this caps lock icon above my taskbar and how to remove it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/runevee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyrip5/why_do_i_have_this_caps_lock_icon_above_my/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i get two arrows above all icons