Windows 10: why do I have extra languages?

Discus and support why do I have extra languages? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I deleted them, but they sometimes appear after restarting my laptop, I can't delete them because I don't have them in my languages list, so I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Артем Васильчук, Nov 6, 2022.

1. why do I have extra languages?

I deleted them, but they sometimes appear after restarting my laptop, I can't delete them because I don't have them in my languages list, so I need to restart my laptop again for them to disappear*** moved to english Community ***

:)

Артем Васильчук, Nov 6, 2022
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Nov 6, 2022
  3. Two extra languages

Hi Aaron,

For us to have a better grip of your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes to the Language settings prior to this?
    • Have you already checked the language preferences from the Control Panel?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 6, 2022
  4. why do I have extra languages?

Can't remove extra language in language bar

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre for Directly, Nov 6, 2022
Thema:

why do I have extra languages?

1. why do I have extra languages? - Similar Threads - why extra languages

2. How can I remove the extra English language that I have?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the extra English language that I have?: Hello There,For some unknown reason, I do have English twice as a keyboard layout language:1. English United States US2. English United Kingdom USBoth languages provide US outputs ! I've tried installing the English UK language pack & then deleted it, but that didn't work...
  3. How can I remove the extra English language that I have?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the extra English language that I have?: Hello There,For some unknown reason, I do have English twice as a keyboard layout language:1. English United States US2. English United Kingdom USBoth languages provide US outputs ! I've tried installing the English UK language pack & then deleted it, but that didn't work...
  4. why do I have extra languages?

why do I have extra languages?: I deleted them, but they sometimes appear after restarting my laptop, I can't delete them because I don't have them in my languages list, so I need to restart my laptop again for them to disappear*** moved to english Community ***...
  5. Can't remove extra languages

Can't remove extra languages: Below might be confusing to understand, but PowerShell claims I only have 2 keyboard layouts and so does Windows settings although the 'keyboard switcher' claims to have 4 languages, 2 of which I do not want. Does anyone have advice to remove these extra languages? I have...
  6. How do I remove these extra language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove these extra language: I try to remove it on preferred languages but it still show in my language bar so that my problem how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-extra-language/b1595ea2-70be-4239-b1a7-7958e768f0c2
  7. Undeletable Extra Latin Languages

Undeletable Extra Latin Languages: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] All I did was changing my regional format : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undeletable-extra-latin-languages/29e061cb-682e-49be-8b53-3afcdb4951c8
  8. Remove extra language options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove extra language options: [ATTACH] Objective: I want to remove the additional languages or keyboards (I exactly dont know which is it). Explanation: So, when I press Windows + space, I see 4 options (see screenshot # 1). I want to use only 1 (English Canada) and 3 (Marathi Microsoft Indic). Option...
  9. How to Remove Extra Languages?

How to Remove Extra Languages?: So I had these language packages that were installed by mistake, and after deleting 'em they still pop up and work as usual for the keyboard. I can't find a way to delete or turn them off. Please, help. [ATTACH][ATTACH] EDIT: I found solution myself, gonna leave...
  10. Do I have extra hidden partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I have extra hidden partitions: This drive is currently an SSD, but has been migrated from a spinner. The image goes back to Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10 Retail, and I'm wondering if I have some hidden partitions that I don't need. I don't recall actually creating a recovery partition, since...