Windows 10: Why do I have High Definition Audio Bus on my system?

Discus and support Why do I have High Definition Audio Bus on my system? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been checking the latency on my machine with LatencyMon and one that comes up with latency spikes is hdaudbus.sys. Is that the Intel high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kol12, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Kol12 Win User

Why do I have High Definition Audio Bus on my system?

I've been checking the latency on my machine with LatencyMon and one that comes up with latency spikes is hdaudbus.sys. Is that the Intel high definition audio driver? I can't understand why I have this on my machine when I've never installed Realtek drivers and run a dedicated Sound Blaster sound card. *Huh W10 1909.

:)

Kol12, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Feb 2, 2020
  3. HPFHPF Win User
    Realteck High Definition Audio Driver Installation Failure

Thanks for replying so fast and offering to help.

I’ll try booting into Safe Mode and downloading new drivers. But part of the problem is figuring out which driver is the issue.

You suggest “Update the sound driver from the PC maker's Support Downloads webpage for your exact model,” but I don’t have a PC maker, as I build the system myself from pieces.
    So should I go to the Motherboard maker’s site? Or maybe the graphic card maker’s site?

Device Manager shows 4 items under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    I’m guessing the issue is not with the Schiit controller or the Intel Display Audio.
    So that leaves AMD High Definition Audio Device and High Definition Audio Device.
    I can’t tell which one is at issue. Neither says Realtek anywhere.
    Maybe somewhere in the long list of Details on each driver there’s something that ties to the error message, but I haven’t found it.
    Is there somewhere I should look? Also, sometimes there are two rather than one AMD High Definition Audio Device shown here.

Device Manager also now shows 4 High Definition Audio Controllers under System Devices.
    The number shown here also varies. As is usual since I rebooted sometime recently, one of them shows that it’s disabled.
    Here’s what shows on the driver properties for each:

Microsoft – PCI bus 0, device 27, function 0

Microsoft – PCI bus 2, device 0, function 1 (disabled - Code 22)

Microsoft – PCI bus 0, device 3, function 0

Microsoft – PCI bus 1, device 0, function 1

Is it correct to assume that the PCI bus 1 and 2 controllers relate to the two graphics cards?
    If so, then I’d assume the disabled one relates to the AMD High Definition Audio Device above.

There are also 3 items under Audio Inputs and Outputs. A Speakers item, which seems tied to Schiit, plus two Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) items.
    Both say they come from Microsoft.

Again, thanks for helping.

HPFHPF, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Why do I have High Definition Audio Bus on my system?

microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio is missing from device manager

I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with an Intel i5-8400 & an ASUS Z370 mobo. The sound quality was rather flat, so I proceeded to tweak it with the equalizer setting, whereupon I noticed that the Realtek HD audio drivers were actually missing. I installed
    these but afterwards, the associated icons did not appear anywhere on the taskbar. I couldn't open RtkNGUI64.exe manually either. So I tried to follow the suggested steps on fixing this issue, but when I opened the device manager, I couldn't find Microsoft
    UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio
    under system devices or anywhere else.

It doesn't seem to be available at Asus, so where do I download this?

Thanks in advance.

Richmont Gan, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Why do I have High Definition Audio Bus on my system?

1. Why do I have High Definition Audio Bus on my system? - Similar Threads - Why High Definition

2. High definition audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High definition audio: Hello everyone, I encountered such a problem that the Microsoft high-definition audio controller writes code 10, the requested operation was not completed. I reinstalled the driver, nothing helps....
  3. High definition audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio: Hello everyone, I encountered such a problem that the Microsoft high-definition audio controller writes code 10, the requested operation was not completed. I reinstalled the driver, nothing helps....
  4. High definition audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10: en los controladores no me aparecen los drivers de audio,sino que me aparecen como Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus,intente reinstalando los drivers,actualizando los drivers,formateando pc,y nada funcionoaclaro que solo me pasa a la hora de entrar en windows,porque...
  6. Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10: en los controladores no me aparecen los drivers de audio,sino que me aparecen como Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus,intente reinstalando los drivers,actualizando los drivers,formateando pc,y nada funcionoaclaro que solo me pasa a la hora de entrar en windows,porque...
  7. Unknown Device on High Definition Audio Bus windows 10

8. High Definition Audio Bus Error Code 19

High Definition Audio Bus Error Code 19: Hello. My speaker doesn't give sound and then it give a sound in every 1 minute. It happens everyday. Please help. Günlük Adı: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Kaynak: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Tarih: 10.12.2019 17:51:35 Olay Kimliği: 411...
  9. Why do I have High Definition Audio Bus on my system?

Why do I have High Definition Audio Bus on my system?: I've been checking the latency on my machine with LatencyMon and one that comes up with latency spikes is hdaudbus.sys. Is that the Intel high definition audio driver? I can't understand why I have this on my machine when I've never installed Realtek drivers and run a...
  10. Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus

Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus: Hello, I have a HP Envy dv6 with beats audio. I did a Windows 10 upgrade and the AMD High Definition Audio Device, which im guessing it the beats audio and the only sounds were through the default speakers. The icon for the beats would show up in the tool bar but would say...