Windows 10: Why do I have multiple instances of Microsoft edge running at one time with one tab open?

Discus and support Why do I have multiple instances of Microsoft edge running at one time with one tab open? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Also I have 8GB of ram and my memory is at 50% when idle? submitted by /u/safetysheep [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/safetysheep, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Why do I have multiple instances of Microsoft edge running at one time with one tab open?

Also I have 8GB of ram and my memory is at 50% when idle?

submitted by /u/safetysheep
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/safetysheep, Aug 28, 2020

2. EDGE multiple tabs

Windows 10 Edge browser - I would like to have multiple tabs open when I start my EDGE, but I want one of those tabs to be the Top sites and suggested content page

VaLentinCohen, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Edge Chromium opens more than 10 instances in Windows 10.

That is not unusual for a browser, particularly if you have multiple tabs open. Each tab will be have its own process, plus a few more for the browser itself. Here's my Firefox with 6 tabs open...

Why do I have multiple instances of Microsoft edge running at one time with one tab open? [​IMG]

4. brummyfan Win User

Why do I have multiple instances of Microsoft edge running at one time with one tab open?

How to open multiple website in Window 10 Microsoft Edge?

Yes, opening many instances of Edge is not available but as the previous poster said, you can open several tabs.

brummyfan, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Why do I have multiple instances of Microsoft edge running at one time with one tab open?

1. Why do I have multiple instances of Microsoft edge running at one time with one tab open? - Similar Threads - Why multiple instances

2. App opens multiple times with one click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App opens multiple times with one click: I am having a major issue that keeps bogging down my PC. When I open lets say Google Chrome I open my task manager and it shows over 10 pages open in my task manager when I only clicked the icon 1 time. This happens with every app that I open. Why does this happen? What can I...
  3. App opens multiple times with one click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App opens multiple times with one click: I am having a major issue that keeps bogging down my PC. When I open lets say Google Chrome I open my task manager and it shows over 10 pages open in my task manager when I only clicked the icon 1 time. This happens with every app that I open. Why does this happen? What can I...
  4. Why is UAC asking multiple times for one instance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is UAC asking multiple times for one instance?: Hi,I have ran into an issue where UAC asks for permission multiple times in one instance. What I mean is when executing an application, UAC will be prompted on my screen multiple times. However, even with selecting the "yes" option, some applications fail to start. I...
  5. Why is UAC asking multiple times for one instance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is UAC asking multiple times for one instance?: Hi,I have ran into an issue where UAC asks for permission multiple times in one instance. What I mean is when executing an application, UAC will be prompted on my screen multiple times. However, even with selecting the "yes" option, some applications fail to start. I...
  6. Why Do I Have Eight Instances Of Dropbox Running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Do I Have Eight Instances Of Dropbox Running?: I don't use Dropbox at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-eight-instances-of-dropbox-running/880d8fd5-b8fd-4b5e-9269-875ced0b1d81
  7. Multiple instances for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple instances for Microsoft Edge: When I open my Edge with just 1 tab, it create 4 instances or 10 instances at the Task Manager. This also happens with Messenger and Opera Browser. I am using Windows 10 Home with windows update. [ATTACH]...
  8. Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 News
    Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?: [ATTACH]When using Microsoft Edge, if you open Task Manager, then you will notice that […] This article Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Running Only One Instance of Opened File in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running Only One Instance of Opened File in Notepad: I need to know how to configure system settings or the registry so that Notepad may not start another instance of a text file when it is already opened, in order to prevent confusion when I accidentally open the same file, make changes to it, and save it while another...
  10. Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance: The following screenshot is from a Win 7 machine. I had multiple tabs open in ie11 and had one crash. When it restarted itself, the taskbar only has one instance of the ie11 showing, but all tabs are still intact. Is there a way to do this in Win 10 on purpose? It would make...