Windows 10: Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?

Discus and support Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my laptop is never slow on normal usage, but when I play heavy games like CS:GO it really lags. The framerate drops so much, to the point where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cheesy Moon, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?

So my laptop is never slow on normal usage, but when I play heavy games like CS:GO it really lags. The framerate drops so much, to the point where I can't even move in the game without bumping into enemies and objects. Now, I know I don't have a gaming laptop (see the screenshot with the specs below), but I've seen people with way worse specs than mine and still run cs go and other similar games smoothly. Mine lags even when the game is set to the lowest settings. So I went to the task manager and I realised that out of 6 gigs of ram, 5,6 are given to the user but only 3,3 of them are available for usage. Why does that happen? I know that not all of the gigabytes of ram are available when in a computer (for example if you have 6 gigs like I do, 5,6 of them are "free") but should it really use an entire 3,2 GB by default? Right now as I'm typing this, 2,2 GB of ram are being used by my computer and I only have Chrome and task manager open. I figured that's why heavy games like cs go lag so much on my laptop, even on low graphics (because of low available ram) but is there a way to fix that? Any suggestion is appreciated. Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6? 081d717a-883f-4770-8c90-bedd64e49a20?upload=true.png Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6? acec9b25-2ba3-4946-84f2-61ccba316a97?upload=true.png

:)

Cheesy Moon, Aug 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 64-bit with 3 GB RAM

Hi LimerOS,

My name is Fernando. I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with your question on the Windows 10 on an older computer with 3 gb RAM.

Technically you might be in spec with 3 gb RAM.

Microsoft lists the Windows 10 minimum hardware requirements as:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC.

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.

Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS.

Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.

Display: 800x600.

Coincidentally, I had a relative of mine on a budget that had 4 gb of RAM, but one of the 2 gb sticks when bad on it. I removed it and worked on her computer to clean it up. Although it was not the fastest computer, it definitely something she could work on
    for basic computing and internet surfing.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Aug 14, 2018
  3. silvanasp Win User
    what is the difference : 3 Gb ports and 6 Gb ports

when to use which ? 3 or 6 Gb ports?

are they interchangeable ? help!!

silvanasp, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?

Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 demo now available

Source: Forza Horizon 3 Windows 10 Demo Now Available - Xbox Wire

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?

1. Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6? - Similar Threads - Why available RAM

2. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  3. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  4. if the device having only 3 gb ram andthe update size is 3.18 gb how can i update it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    if the device having only 3 gb ram andthe update size is 3.18 gb how can i update it?: I am facing Blue screen problem .....i asked about this problem on microsoft platform n get resolution to download windows update but the device having only 3GB space ,i mean RAM and the update size is 3.18 GB ,then how can i update my device...
  5. if the device having only 3 gb ram andthe update size is 3.18 gb how can i update it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if the device having only 3 gb ram andthe update size is 3.18 gb how can i update it?: I am facing Blue screen problem .....i asked about this problem on microsoft platform n get resolution to download windows update but the device having only 3GB space ,i mean RAM and the update size is 3.18 GB ,then how can i update my device...
  6. if the device having only 3 gb ram andthe update size is 3.18 gb how can i update it?

7. I have 12 gb ram but only 3 is usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 12 gb ram but only 3 is usable: So i've had this problem for a long time but i hade enough of this.i have 12 gb of ram installed butt only 3 is usable i tried so many setting on msconfig and nothing works!...
  8. I have 12 gb ram but only 3 is usable

I have 12 gb ram but only 3 is usable: So i've had this problem for a long time but i hade enough of this.i have 12 gb of ram installed butt only 3 is usable i tried so many setting on msconfig and nothing works!...
  9. I have 12 gb ram but only 3 is usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Why is it only 3 GB usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is it only 3 GB usable?: The system is Dell Optiplex 330, the RAM in the system configuration says only 3 GB is usable, the installed RAM is 4 GB. Is there a solution to this? 149439