Windows 10: Why do I have only 5.88gb memory usable even though I have an 8gb RAM card?

Discus and support Why do I have only 5.88gb memory usable even though I have an 8gb RAM card? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an 8gb RAM in my laptop. However, it shows only 5.88gb as usable. I know some of the memory is reserved by the system, but even then shouldn't I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Madmax07, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Madmax07 Win User

Why do I have only 5.88gb memory usable even though I have an 8gb RAM card?

I have an 8gb RAM in my laptop. However, it shows only 5.88gb as usable. I know some of the memory is reserved by the system, but even then shouldn't I atleast get around 7-7.5gb as useable. I am not able to play games which need 5-6 gb ram properly.My specs-CPU- AMD ryzen5 3500HGPU- Nvidia GeForce Gtx1650 4gbRam- 8gb

:)

Madmax07, Jul 24, 2021

2. Usable of 8GB Ram

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 32 bit operating system with 8GB Ram. My laptop showing only 1.91 GB Ram usable, PLEASE help me how to used all 8gb ram?

AadilMemon, Jul 24, 2021
  3. prashii Win User
    Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Why do I have only 5.88gb memory usable even though I have an 8gb RAM card?

5,95GB usable RAM of 8GB on Asus Windows 10 Pro x64

Would you mind posting a screenshot of "Memory" like the one below?

Why do I have only 5.88gb memory usable even though I have an 8gb RAM card? [​IMG]

Matthew Wai, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Why do I have only 5.88gb memory usable even though I have an 8gb RAM card?

1. Why do I have only 5.88gb memory usable even though I have an 8gb RAM card? - Similar Threads - Why 88gb memory

2. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  3. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  4. I only have 7.70 GB usable from 8GB Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only have 7.70 GB usable from 8GB Ram: Hello there! I had a questionPreviously, I played a game that required 8GB of usable RAM and it mostly ran perfectly. I had a few issues in the past where I wouldn't have enough for it to function well, but I have always been able to do a few small fixes to increase the...
  5. I only have 7.70 GB usable from 8GB Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I only have 7.70 GB usable from 8GB Ram: Hello there! I had a questionPreviously, I played a game that required 8GB of usable RAM and it mostly ran perfectly. I had a few issues in the past where I wouldn't have enough for it to function well, but I have always been able to do a few small fixes to increase the...
  6. I only have 7.70 GB usable from 8GB Ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable

I have 8GB RAM installed but only 2.6GB usable: Hey everyone I have and always had 8GB installed in this PC, i think i never had more than 4 usable but now i only get 2.6 as it says on the system info Anyone knows how to fix this?? I tried to go to the msconfig and then up to the "max memory" but it didnt worked......
  8. 8gb of ram only 3.9 usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    8gb of ram only 3.9 usable: So I have a 8gb of ram but windows was only using 3.9 it says that the rest is dedicated to system resources or something like that. I've been trying to fix it but have not been successful. So now I'm asking for help here. specs: CPU: ryzen 5 2600 GPU: gtx 1660 RAM: Viper...
  9. I have 8GB of RAM but only showing 4GB

I have 8GB of RAM but only showing 4GB: I have had my PC for about a month now and I have noticed my game felt choppy but I was still getting 180fps like usual. I checked nvidia and it was all fine so I checked how much memory I was using and it says 3.7 of 4GB. I still have both 4GB RAM sticks in but one isn't...
  10. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 5.88 gb usable

2. installed ram 8gb 5.88 usable