Windows 10: Why do I have only one drive?

Discus and support Why do I have only one drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop. I also have an old laptop.The new laptop only has this drive:Local Disc C While my old laptop has these drives:Local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M Roshaan Umar, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Why do I have only one drive?

I recently bought a new laptop. I also have an old laptop.The new laptop only has this drive:Local Disc C While my old laptop has these drives:Local Disc CRecovery DDrive FWhy do I have so many drives on my old laptop?And what does each Drive mean? I don’t know what any of the drives are. What is the function of each drive?

:)

M Roshaan Umar, Dec 12, 2021
  2. little cat, Dec 12, 2021
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Dec 12, 2021
  4. Anak Win User

Why do I have only one drive?

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Why do I have only one drive? [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

Why do I have only one drive?

1. Why do I have only one drive? - Similar Threads - Why drive

2. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  3. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?: Greetings and well wishes Microsoft assistants.I ran Recovery Drive, and used a 128 GB hard drive to create the backup.After the backup was completed, the drive capacity was reading 69 GB on a FAT32 system.Did the format ruin my drive, and can my drive be restore to its...
  4. Why is my hard drive's capacity reduced after Microsoft Backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why can I not sign into one drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not sign into one drive?: Why I cannot sign into one drive in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-sign-into-one-drive/ff2353c8-8332-4c43-8667-d36f69347df4
  6. Why can I not sign into one drive?

Why can I not sign into one drive?: Why I cannot sign into one drive in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-sign-into-one-drive/ff2353c8-8332-4c43-8667-d36f69347df4
  7. c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem: i cant update laptop only had it 3 months and havent downloaded but one app so why is it full? someone help me understand how to fix this issue. i have several clouds as well and an external hard drive i bought last week which i havebt used yet. ant helpo would be great. how...
  8. c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem

c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem: i cant update laptop only had it 3 months and havent downloaded but one app so why is it full? someone help me understand how to fix this issue. i have several clouds as well and an external hard drive i bought last week which i havebt used yet. ant helpo would be great. how...
  9. Why is the OS drive taking up so much space on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the OS drive taking up so much space on a new computer?: I just got a new laptop and set it up. The laptop’s storage is 512gb. Why is the OS drive taking up so much space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-os-drive-taking-up-so-much-space-on-a/a4146b48-8ec7-43b7-8b35-182ee21f3f45
  10. Why is the OS drive taking up so much space on a new computer?

Why is the OS drive taking up so much space on a new computer?: I just got a new laptop and set it up. The laptop’s storage is 512gb. Why is the OS drive taking up so much space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-os-drive-taking-up-so-much-space-on-a/a4146b48-8ec7-43b7-8b35-182ee21f3f45