Windows 10: Why do I have SIX devices, one active and 5 grayed out, for my firestick?

Discus and support Why do I have SIX devices, one active and 5 grayed out, for my firestick? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking at Devices and printers and I have SIX devices labeled Louise's Fire TV - - one appears to be active and 5 are grayed out. Otherwise all are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Grandma Louise, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Why do I have SIX devices, one active and 5 grayed out, for my firestick?

Looking at Devices and printers and I have SIX devices labeled Louise's Fire TV - - one appears to be active and 5 are grayed out. Otherwise all are identical. I also have 2 each for Samsung TV (actually have 3 Samsung smart TV's). All are gray - - no TV is on. And they are not IDENTICAL like Firesticks.

Why all the duplication???

Why do they even show up in Windows?? They are connected to the ROUTER, but as far as I know, not to the computer!!

:)

Grandma Louise, Feb 18, 2019

2. firestick

hi, i am trying to get my pc to recognise my firestick so i can download .apk file to put a vpn on my firestick. can anyone help?

davidvigurs, Feb 18, 2019
  3. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Feb 18, 2019
  4. mikekoi Win User

Why do I have SIX devices, one active and 5 grayed out, for my firestick?

firestick shows as connected but does not respond to the firestick controls

Since changing my router for Sky Q: I paired my firestick and it shows as so with other devices (That do work, like the surround sound etc.)

However pressing the home button on the firestick for 10 seconds produces no response.

mikekoi, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Why do I have SIX devices, one active and 5 grayed out, for my firestick?

1. Why do I have SIX devices, one active and 5 grayed out, for my firestick? - Similar Threads - Why SIX devices

2. Why do I have a device in the Other Devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have a device in the Other Devices?: I noticed that there has been a device called OTA 1 in the other devices in my device manager. I don't know how to uninstall it properly. I tried to uninstall it by right clicking it but it would pop right back up and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. When I hit the details...
  3. Why do I have a device in the Other Devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have a device in the Other Devices?: I noticed that there has been a device called OTA 1 in the other devices in my device manager. I don't know how to uninstall it properly. I tried to uninstall it by right clicking it but it would pop right back up and I'm not sure how to get rid of it. When I hit the details...
  4. Why do I have a device in the Other Devices?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Security settings in grayed out. Why ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security settings in grayed out. Why ?: Hello. Could you help me explain why the memory integrity and firmware protection options are grayed out and the text message in red saying that these settings are handled by the system administrator. Is there any way to change this? Thank you very much in advance for your...
  6. Security settings in grayed out. Why ?

Security settings in grayed out. Why ?: Hello. Could you help me explain why the memory integrity and firmware protection options are grayed out and the text message in red saying that these settings are handled by the system administrator. Is there any way to change this? Thank you very much in advance for your...
  7. Why can’t I copy my profile. It’s grayed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I copy my profile. It’s grayed out.: I had an issue yesterday and I got a Microsoft person to help me. We made a new Microsoft profile and the problem was fixed, the only thing to do was to copy the old profile and overwrite the new one. Thats where I found the problem, when I go to copy my profile the button is...
  8. Why can’t I copy my profile. It’s grayed out.

Why can’t I copy my profile. It’s grayed out.: I had an issue yesterday and I got a Microsoft person to help me. We made a new Microsoft profile and the problem was fixed, the only thing to do was to copy the old profile and overwrite the new one. Thats where I found the problem, when I go to copy my profile the button is...
  9. I can't turn on device discovery, it's grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't turn on device discovery, it's grayed out: I want to add a second screen to my computer and wanted to turn on device discovery because windows couldn't find it. I've tried troubleshooters but they don't work. Please help Timothy...
  10. Win Defender is on but grayed out. Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win Defender is on but grayed out. Why?: Hey all, Windows Defender shows being on but it's grayed out. I can't change it, and the downloadable .reg file to turn it on or off does nothing. I run AVG antivirus, and I tried turning it off to see if it was getting in the way...didn't help. This is Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have one firestick but computers control panel shows four firesticks