Windows 10: Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have?

Discus and support Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 31 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 76?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IkePRO, Dec 6, 2021.

1. IkePRO Win User

Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have?

31 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 76?

:)

IkePRO, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 6, 2021
  4. Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have?

How can I compare 2 file folders in Explorer to see if they are identical with information?

I am trying to compare 2 file folders on my laptop and USB drive. I want to open them at the same time and do some sort of file compare to make sure they are identical. Can anyone suggest the steps to do this? Thank you!

MaryDeMoss, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have?

1. Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have? - Similar Threads - Why little storage

2. What should I do when I have this issue?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What should I do when I have this issue?: Request Id: baedb5f8-1294-4cd2-a9cb-03a34b482c00 Correlation Id: 7aaebed2-af28-4e71-95fb-1bd4e7087f48 Timestamp: 2023-09-27T14:03:15Z Message: AADSTS7000112: Application '1fec8e78-bce4-4aaf-ab1b-5451cc387264'Microsoft Teams is disabled....
  3. What should I do when I have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do when I have this issue?: Request Id: baedb5f8-1294-4cd2-a9cb-03a34b482c00 Correlation Id: 7aaebed2-af28-4e71-95fb-1bd4e7087f48 Timestamp: 2023-09-27T14:03:15Z Message: AADSTS7000112: Application '1fec8e78-bce4-4aaf-ab1b-5451cc387264'Microsoft Teams is disabled....
  4. What should I do when I have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have?: 31 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 76? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-little-storage-compared-to-what-i/ca75c23f-098b-4d21-bb3f-ef88f92870e6
  6. Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have so little storage compared to what I should have?: 31 + 4 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 76? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-little-storage-compared-to-what-i/ca75c23f-098b-4d21-bb3f-ef88f92870e6
  7. Why Do I Have Very Little Remaining Disk Space?

Why Do I Have Very Little Remaining Disk Space?: I purchased a second hand low spec Asus Transformer Book T100 as I only needed it for YouTube and Emails.I now need to run an Android Emulator but having issue due to the very low memory.I had around 200 MB of remaining memory so deleted all videos, mostly every photo and...
  8. Why Do I Have Very Little Remaining Memory?

Why Do I Have Very Little Remaining Memory?: I purchased a second hand low spec Asus Transformer Book T100 as I only needed it for YouTube and Emails.I now need to run an Android Emulator but having issue due to the very low memory.I had around 200 MB of remaining memory so deleted all videos, mostly every photo and...
  9. Why do I have so little storage left?

Why do I have so little storage left?: I have a 950 gb laptop, I got it a few weeks ago maybe. I installed some games I used to play on a previous computer and I haven't been doing too much besides gaming but yet it says I have used almost 800 gb? I look in storage settings and I can't find anything taking up that...
  10. how do I have so much storage?

how do I have so much storage?: [ATTACH] I searched for the maximum specifications on my laptop and the maximum storage hp provides with my laptop is around 240GB. My laptop model-HP Laptop 15g-dx0xxx I am using amd ryzen 5 2500u processor and radeon vega 8 graphics. If I am doing something that's...