Windows 10: Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.

Discus and support Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to windows 10, Pro, version 1909, I have been having audio issues. I tried several things and nothing helps. I took a look at my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by steveeyes, Feb 19, 2020.

1. steveeyes Win User

Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.

Since I upgraded to windows 10, Pro, version 1909, I have been having audio issues. I tried several things and nothing helps. I took a look at my Device Manager and expanded my Sound, video, and game controller menu and I have the following drivers listed.

Realtek High Definition Audio
    NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    Intel(R) Display Audio

I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB video card and every time I do an update, I do a clean install (erases all drivers) and does a fresh install. Since I'm not sure what I should or should not install I allow NVIDIA to install what it needs. Maybe that's the issue, I don't know. I'm not sure I understand why NVIDIA installs audio drivers but it does.

Never had this problem with Windows 7.

Anyways, can anyone explain why I have so many audio drivers. Is this normal. Does it cause issues.

Thanks

Move INFO using speccy in case it helps

Audio
    Sound Cards
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
    Intel Display Audio
    USB Audio Device
    Playback Device
    Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Recording Devices
    Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Thanks

:)

steveeyes, Feb 19, 2020

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.

Audio driver confusion.

I have used Cool Edit Pro on Windows 10 before, and on 7 and XP before that.

It needs Stereo Mix to be installed. It is installed on this PC, but Cool Edit doesn't see it for some reason.

Looking through Device Manager I see information which confuses me. Audio inputs and outputs says Sound Max, and also says no drivers are necessary or installed ? !

Sound, video and game controllers also says Sound Max and gives details of the driver.

A screenshot of the various windows should explain my confusion better.

Why doesn't Cool Edit see Stereo Mix? Would replacing the present driver/s with Realtek ones, which I'm sure I have used before, help?

Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing. [​IMG]

Syncopator, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.

1. Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing. - Similar Threads - Why many audio

2. why do i have so many of these in my file folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i have so many of these in my file folder: i have like 75 of these in my file folder is it a virus i had a bad virus that i a comp guy got rid of i dont know if this is some left or something...
  3. why do i have so many of these in my file folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i have so many of these in my file folder: i have like 75 of these in my file folder is it a virus i had a bad virus that i a comp guy got rid of i dont know if this is some left or something...
  4. Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?: It says i need over 90 updates to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-windows-7-updates/c125578d-1ef8-43e8-8891-3af93a8055fe
  5. Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?

Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?: It says i need over 90 updates to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-windows-7-updates/c125578d-1ef8-43e8-8891-3af93a8055fe
  6. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  7. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  8. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

9. I'm very confused on why there are so many partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm very confused on why there are so many partitions: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NinFanBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jne0rf/im_very_confused_on_why_there_are_so_many/
  10. Why do I have so many files to scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have so many files to scan: I have so many files 386,000+ that it takes a long time to scan. Why do I have so many files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-files-to-scan/7770e9bd-7db2-4fc7-b53e-d3d3a6ba5c0b