Windows 10: Why do I have so many defaultuser folders? Are they safe to get rid of?

Discus and support Why do I have so many defaultuser folders? Are they safe to get rid of? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/user_number_291647 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/user_number_291647, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Why do I have so many defaultuser folders? Are they safe to get rid of?

/u/user_number_291647, Jul 29, 2020
  2. LillyLP Win User

defaultuser() Password

Thank you much. The Admin account I was using has a PIN which wouldn't have worked to login to Safe Mode. So the beginner's guide was helpful.

I don't like that Apps still default to defaultuser() on install. The dialog boxes say 'login with an Admin account' but don't allow the user to enter a different Admin account!! Another bug to someday correct.

After adding a password for defaultuser() and re-doing the install of MS Office 365 Home, I never was prompted that the install completed successfully. But the apps are now working...

LillyLP, Jul 29, 2020
  3. ZZ23 Win User
    Why do I have so many files to scan

I have so many files (386,000+) that it takes a long time to scan. Why do I have so many files?

4. Why do I have so many defaultuser folders? Are they safe to get rid of?

I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

Recently, a "ghost" desktop has appeared on my computer. It shows a list of a number of website tabs behind my desktop icons. Clicking on the exit "X" does not get rid of it. Nothing seems to get rid of it. Can anyone suggest a solution?

DougPowers, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Why do I have so many defaultuser folders? Are they safe to get rid of?

1. Why do I have so many defaultuser folders? Are they safe to get rid of? - Similar Threads - Why many defaultuser

2. why do i have so many of these in my file folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i have so many of these in my file folder: i have like 75 of these in my file folder is it a virus i had a bad virus that i a comp guy got rid of i dont know if this is some left or something...
  3. why do i have so many of these in my file folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i have so many of these in my file folder: i have like 75 of these in my file folder is it a virus i had a bad virus that i a comp guy got rid of i dont know if this is some left or something...
  4. Why do I have so many Hyper-V virtual ethernet adapters? How do I get rid of them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have so many Hyper-V virtual ethernet adapters? How do I get rid of them?: Hello,I occasionally test out things in virtual machines using hyper-v or windows sandbox, but I never have more than 1 vm at a time.However, when I go to device manager, under network adapters, I see that I apparently have 7 different hyper-v virtual ethernet adapters. I'm...
  5. Why do I have so many Hyper-V virtual ethernet adapters? How do I get rid of them?

Why do I have so many Hyper-V virtual ethernet adapters? How do I get rid of them?: Hello,I occasionally test out things in virtual machines using hyper-v or windows sandbox, but I never have more than 1 vm at a time.However, when I go to device manager, under network adapters, I see that I apparently have 7 different hyper-v virtual ethernet adapters. I'm...
  6. Why do I have so many Hyper-V virtual ethernet adapters? How do I get rid of them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  8. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  9. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

10. Why do I have so many files to scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have so many files to scan: I have so many files 386,000+ that it takes a long time to scan. Why do I have so many files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-files-to-scan/7770e9bd-7db2-4fc7-b53e-d3d3a6ba5c0b