Windows 10: Why do I have so many explorer processes running

Discus and support Why do I have so many explorer processes running in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I often have a whole bunch of explorer processes running. I expect just one. Or maybe an extra one for each explorer window that I have opened. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by margrave55, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Why do I have so many explorer processes running

I often have a whole bunch of explorer processes running.
    I expect just one. Or maybe an extra one for each explorer window that I have opened.

But right now I have none opened ... and yet there are eight explorer processes running.

What's up with that?

:)

margrave55, Aug 14, 2018
  2. YIN
    Yin Win User

Dual iexplorer processes???

I would suggest you run process explorer on the machine so you can find out what applications are running.

process explorer shows you more than just task manager

3. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 14, 2018
  4. GNJha Win User

Why do I have so many explorer processes running

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Why do I have so many explorer processes running

1. Why do I have so many explorer processes running - Similar Threads - Why many explorer

2. Why do I have so many bitlocker unlock 43 process in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have so many bitlocker unlock 43 process in task manager?: I have a Seagate external drive that is locked with bitlocker and I have loads of bitlocker process running, why ??? any way to stop this nonsense?...
  3. Why do I have so many bitlocker unlock 43 process in task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have so many bitlocker unlock 43 process in task manager?: I have a Seagate external drive that is locked with bitlocker and I have loads of bitlocker process running, why ??? any way to stop this nonsense?...
  4. why do i have so many of these in my file folder

why do i have so many of these in my file folder: i have like 75 of these in my file folder is it a virus i had a bad virus that i a comp guy got rid of i dont know if this is some left or something...
  5. Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?: It says i need over 90 updates to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-windows-7-updates/c125578d-1ef8-43e8-8891-3af93a8055fe
  6. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  7. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  8. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

9. Why do I have so many files to scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have so many files to scan: I have so many files 386,000+ that it takes a long time to scan. Why do I have so many files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-files-to-scan/7770e9bd-7db2-4fc7-b53e-d3d3a6ba5c0b
  10. Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.: Since I upgraded to windows 10, Pro, version 1909, I have been having audio issues. I tried several things and nothing helps. I took a look at my Device Manager and expanded my Sound, video, and game controller menu and I have the following drivers listed. Realtek High...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do I have dual background processes running

2. why does windows explorer have so many threads?

3. why do i have so many windows processes