Windows 10: Why do I have so many files to scan

Discus and support Why do I have so many files to scan in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have so many files 386,000+ that it takes a long time to scan. Why do I have so many files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZZ23, Apr 30, 2020.

1. ZZ23 Win User

Why do I have so many files to scan

I have so many files 386,000+ that it takes a long time to scan. Why do I have so many files?

:)

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    I occasionally have a file that is visible in File Explorer but does not appear on the desktop. How can I fix this?

I understand, update us as soon as you performed the suggested troubleshooting. After doing so and still the issue
    persists, kindly perform a SFC and DISM. It is possible that there is a system file corruption causing the file to disappear. To run SFC and DISM, follow these steps:

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it again for 3 times after DISM):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

If possible, kindly provide us the return message so that we can investigate it further.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Why do I have so many files to scan

Scanned Documents will not post to file in Windows 10

Hi Dougars,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.

Next try to scan the documents and check if it shows the same error code.

Please let us know if it’s working.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Why do I have so many files to scan

1. Why do I have so many files to scan - Similar Threads - Why many files

2. why do i have so many of these in my file folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do i have so many of these in my file folder: i have like 75 of these in my file folder is it a virus i had a bad virus that i a comp guy got rid of i dont know if this is some left or something...
  3. why do i have so many of these in my file folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i have so many of these in my file folder: i have like 75 of these in my file folder is it a virus i had a bad virus that i a comp guy got rid of i dont know if this is some left or something...
  4. Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?: It says i need over 90 updates to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-windows-7-updates/c125578d-1ef8-43e8-8891-3af93a8055fe
  5. Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?

Why do i have so many Windows 7 updates?: It says i need over 90 updates to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-windows-7-updates/c125578d-1ef8-43e8-8891-3af93a8055fe
  6. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  7. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have so many "users" folders?: UsersAdministratorDefaultemail namethen:I have one with my name Nancy...and then one with my name and Nancy...DESKTOP-...numbers here.I also have roaming user names. Why is it called roaming and what files go in there? Do I want it?...
  8. Why do I have so many "users" folders?

9. Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do I have so many audio drivers - confusing.: Since I upgraded to windows 10, Pro, version 1909, I have been having audio issues. I tried several things and nothing helps. I took a look at my Device Manager and expanded my Sound, video, and game controller menu and I have the following drivers listed. Realtek High...
  10. Why do I have so many explorer processes running

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do I have so many explorer processes running: I often have a whole bunch of explorer processes running. I expect just one. Or maybe an extra one for each explorer window that I have opened. But right now I have none opened ... and yet there are eight explorer processes running. What's up with that? 115984