Windows 10: Why do I have this caps lock icon above my taskbar and how to remove it?

Discus and support Why do I have this caps lock icon above my taskbar and how to remove it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/runevee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyrip5/why_do_i_have_this_caps_lock_icon_above_my/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/runevee, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Why do I have this caps lock icon above my taskbar and how to remove it?

/u/runevee, Nov 22, 2020

2. Wireless keyboard with Caps Lock LED

It does.

Try this -

To show alerts visually in Windows 10 when using Caps Lock or Num Lock:

Select the Windows icon on the Taskbar.
    Select Settings (Gear icon).
    Select Ease of Access.
    Select Keyboard from the left pane.
    Navigate to Use Toggle Key.
    Set the Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock option to On.
    Select the Windows icon, Settings, Ease of Access, Audio.
    Choose an option from the Show audio alerts visually drop-down.

Steps courtesy of the Lenovo website.

OldNavyGuy, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Why do I have this caps lock icon above my taskbar and how to remove it?

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Why do I have this caps lock icon above my taskbar and how to remove it?

1. Why do I have this caps lock icon above my taskbar and how to remove it? - Similar Threads - Why caps lock

2. How do i get rid of this Caps Lock icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of this Caps Lock icon?: Hey,This caps lock icon that appears every time I turn on or off the caps lock messes with fullscreen apps and games, making them go black for a second then come back. How do i get rid off it? I've heard there's different types of this things, but mine's is this one:I'm on...
  3. How do i get rid of this Caps Lock icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of this Caps Lock icon?: Hey,This caps lock icon that appears every time I turn on or off the caps lock messes with fullscreen apps and games, making them go black for a second then come back. How do i get rid off it? I've heard there's different types of this things, but mine's is this one:I'm on...
  4. How do I remove the Caps Lock on/off notification in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the Caps Lock on/off notification in Windows 11: Hi, I'm trying to disable the caps lock notification that populates whenever I toggle the caps/nums lock on or off. I've checked my keyboard settings and disabled the unnecessary notifications feature, and they are still populating. I'm using a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard...
  5. How do I remove the Caps Lock on/off notification in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the Caps Lock on/off notification in Windows 11: Hi, I'm trying to disable the caps lock notification that populates whenever I toggle the caps/nums lock on or off. I've checked my keyboard settings and disabled the unnecessary notifications feature, and they are still populating. I'm using a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard...
  6. How can I remove this " CAPS LOCK" indictor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I remove this " CAPS LOCK" indictor?: [ATTACH] Since the last windows update it starts to show submitted by /u/t_x11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfpiwv/how_can_i_remove_this_caps_lock_indictor/
  7. how do i turn off the caps lock icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn off the caps lock icon: How do i turn off the caps lock icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-caps-lock-icon/4d899b04-0c1d-4610-abd5-2e64d9598155
  8. How to remove gray box above taskbar

How to remove gray box above taskbar: I suddenly have a gray box above the taskbar that I can't seem to remove. No clue what I did to make it appear and can't figure out how to get rid of it either! I've restarted the laptop and reinstalled Chrome - I'm at a loss. Can anyone help?...
  9. why do i have arrows above my folder icons

why do i have arrows above my folder icons: why do i have arrows above my folder icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-arrows-above-my-folder-icons/30ebba7b-cac4-4b6f-a884-ce09dcfa4f10
  10. How do I disable caps lock icon on screen?

How do I disable caps lock icon on screen?: Hello, everytime I press Caps Lock, an indicator pops up with the letter big A and an small a inside a lock on the screen. I've turned this off just some 6-7 months ago but after resetting my computer, this has started again and I look forward for answers and help. Cheers....