Windows 10: Why do I have three desktop folders? What is the difference between them? [Near-fresh...

Discus and support Why do I have three desktop folders? What is the difference between them? [Near-fresh... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShaunDreclin [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShaunDreclin, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Why do I have three desktop folders? What is the difference between them? [Near-fresh...

/u/ShaunDreclin, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

3. Desktop and user folder merging

Hi,

There are different ways for you to recover the previous folder settings on your computer. One of these is by following the steps below to organize and relocate your desktop or user folder.

• Press Windows key + E to launch File Explorer.
    • Right-click on the special folder that you want to restore (Desktop).
    • Then select Properties.
    • Navigate to the Location tab.
    • Click Restore Default.
    • Then click Apply to save the changes.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Why do I have three desktop folders? What is the difference between them? [Near-fresh...

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Why do I have three desktop folders? What is the difference between them? [Near-fresh... 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Why do I have three desktop folders? What is the difference between them? [Near-fresh... 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Why do I have three desktop folders? What is the difference between them? [Near-fresh...

1. Why do I have three desktop folders? What is the difference between them? [Near-fresh... - Similar Threads - Why three desktop

2. whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?: I restored files from Google drive to c://users/me/documents but the files are not visible in "This Pc/Documents"I thought those two things were the same, but it appears not......
  3. Why is there a difference between the folders in OneDrive - Personal and This PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a difference between the folders in OneDrive - Personal and This PC?: I have a new Windows 11 laptop, and I'm having trouble getting used to how it interacts with OneDrive. It is set up to sync Desktop, Documents & Pictures to/from OneDrive--always keeping copies of my files both in OneDrive and on my machine, as is indicated by the white check...
  4. Why is there a difference between the folders in OneDrive - Personal and This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a difference between the folders in OneDrive - Personal and This PC?: I have a new Windows 11 laptop, and I'm having trouble getting used to how it interacts with OneDrive. It is set up to sync Desktop, Documents & Pictures to/from OneDrive--always keeping copies of my files both in OneDrive and on my machine, as is indicated by the white check...
  5. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  6. What's the difference between a fresh install and reset of the PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's the difference between a fresh install and reset of the PC?: Hi, I'd like to know if there are differences between doing a fresh install and reset the computer through the settings app. I don't understand the differences between the two options apart from the fact that the fresh install scan for updates and then reset the computer,...
  7. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-tablet-mode-and/8c87c268-ef51-40ab-a143-66b0da01d2de
  8. Why my apps have an arrow between them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why my apps have an arrow between them: Why my apps have arrow between them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-apps-have-an-arrow-between-them/afbfe068-af7b-43f5-a817-d0b1d0166b8a"
  9. What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is giant as size - difference between >128MB and >5GB between desktop and laptop: On my Desktop giant size is >128MB while on the laptop it is>5GB. both use Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-giant-as-size-difference-between-128mb-and/b3a9546b-013b-4b48-8de6-62f137dbfcb8"
  10. Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I have Different Folders On Different Desktops???: Don't want to bork up my computer so I am asking here first: Can I have different folders and files on different desktops in windows 10? I want to have one desktop that has work-related folders and files that I can access easily, and one desktop that has personal folders...